ASV Flap Part Repair

joshferrer

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL (CKRA)
I took my ASV apart because I am going to ceramic coat it black to match the rest of the EGR valve delete I’m doing.

I was able to get the solenoid off with no issues but couldn’t get the plastic gear off that has the spring attached to it. Released the tension on the spring and still nothing. Couldn’t get it out so I figured I’d try to remove the flap that opens and closes. At first I thought it was all plastic so i tried to remove it and instead, broke it.

Anybody ever taken these apart? How do you get that plastic gear off? I’m just afraid to break that too. Also, any way to just source what broke? How do you get the flap off too?

Part number: 03L128063F

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2...ottle-Body-Regulator/48024048/03L128063F.html

I’m not pressed on time since it’s a spare but any help would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
If you're deleting the EGR, sounds like you could just delete the ASV (looks like you're 20% there by the damage already done).

Take a bigger hammer to it and finish it off, maybe toss a bunch of heat into it as well, I promise you, that plastic will melt.

joshferrer

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL (CKRA)
If you're deleting the EGR, sounds like you could just delete the ASV (looks like you're 20% there by the damage already done).

Take a bigger hammer to it and finish it off, maybe toss a bunch of heat into it as well, I promise you, that plastic will melt.

I was originally going to do the ASV delete as well but then decided to keep it for the setup. Doesn’t hurt to have it and figured I’d make it black to match the rest of EGR delete pipe and the intake manifold that I’m getting ceramic coated black too. Would give it a sleek finish and look “cool” in my book.

I’ll be honest in saying that I’m nervous to delete it which is why I want to keep it.

I’ll probably end up trying to melt it off but now I’m trying to source the plastic inside and the plastic gear to repair it. No sense in buying a new one when I could just fix it but it seems to be a lot of trouble just finding the little things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Intake flap, it helps the EGR systems properly flow.

Also helps in shutting down smoothly (at least i think thats what they did on previous gens)