Line output converter help

Jco89

TDI
14 sportwagen
Can anyone tell me or show me what wires to splice into for a line output converter for the purpose of installing an amp and using factory radio.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Lyd1an

TDI
2011 Golf
Been a while since I logged in but saw your post. This depends on the model of your stereo which you didn't specify. If it's the RCD-510, you can find the pin assignments on the web. My amp accepts high level inputs so I didn't need a line out converter. I purchased an adapter cable from Enfig Stereo that first plugs into the head unit, then the factory harness plugs into that. That way I didn't have to splice anything on the factory harness. The adapter has pigtails, with 8 speaker connections ready to terminate of your choosing. I used the rear speakers outputs on the pigtail as it was recommended for me. My stereo sounds great for a factory head unit.

Also, you can code the outputs for line level via VCDS, but I didn't need to do this either.

Model number for adapter: ENFIG_AAI4_VW12 -

Just cruise their site and see what options they have for your vehicle but 100% that one above works perfect with the RCD-510

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Very interested in this idea of coding the outputs for line level via VCDS. Curious, how many pairs (channels) of line level outputs are there? Are there 4 channels - ie LF, RF, LR, RR , so I could use a 4 channel amp. Then use crossover circuits to distribute the correct frequencies to the correct speakers?

Also, anyone have a schematic or a pin out diagram?
Thanks

Last edited: