Who's got the best OEM timing belt kit for the 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L VE engine?

rezmarian

TDI
2003 Jetta 1.9L TDI
Hello all,

This is probably a repeat thread, if it is, sorry!

I'd like to make a list of venders who sell an OEM timing belt kit(including water pump of course!) for a 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L VE. Place the link and price of the best kits that you know.

Thanks!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
AJNy vendor that supports TDIclub will get you the best parts out there.

A search will assist you also.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There is no "OEM" timing belt kit that includes a water pump for the ALH.

The OEM "toothed belt repair kit" part number 038-198-119-E consists of the timing belt, tensioner, 3 rollers, and that is IT.

You will also need several stretch bolts, a water pump, and an accessory belt to round out the items required, which are all sold seperately from Volkswagen.

Several of our favored vendors carry all the bits needed in a good, comprehensive kit with good known quality parts, but they are not necessarily OEM.

A quick google search will find this:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=214572

Last edited:

rezmarian

TDI
2003 Jetta 1.9L TDI
There is no "OEM" timing belt kit that includes a water pump for the ALH.

The OEM "toothed belt repair kit" part number 038-198-119-E consists of the timing belt, tensioner, 3 rollers, and that is IT.

You will also need several stretch bolts, a water pump, and an accessory belt to round out the items required, which are all sold seperately from Volkswagen.

Several of our favored vendors carry all the bits needed in a good, comprehensive kit with good known quality parts, but they are not necessarily OEM.

A quick google search will find this:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=214572
Here's a newbie question:

Does the 2003 jetta tdi have a different timing belt kit than the 2002 and earlier a4's? From what I know, there were some changes from the 02 to the 03 tdi's. If there isn't a specific one for this year then is the kit that I'm looking for just the "A4 ALH" timing belt kit?

Would this kit fit?

http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=121&products_id=449

It's $310... anyone know if this is a good kit? Are there any better ones out there? Any cheaper ones that are of the same quality?

Thanks for the help!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There were some running changes in the ALH's timing belt system. Specifically a newer belt, newer tensioner, and lastly a newer deflection roller. By 2003, all the updates had been implemented and all the vendors including the one you linked only carry the newest latest and greatest bits.

That kit is excellent, and the pricing is on par with the rest, and is a good choice.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
http://metalmanparts.com/product.sc?productId=1&categoryId=51
Dennis has good prices and parts. I've had excellant service from all of the vendors that I've bought from that frequent this site.
Beware of "kits" sold on the flea bay. There is some real junk out there. Make sure everything such as belts, WP, tensioner, is listed and has a brand name.

Last edited:

white95v6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta 5spd tdi 2003 jetta jw 5spd tdi
my vote is for the kit aaron sells at boraparts. he has great customer service,is fast. and a great product at a great price.

ksmitty244

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Ecstunning, boraparts, idparts, metalmanpart, I know there is alot more out there that sells good kits but I have used all of their TB kits and all four of them are exellent.