P0087, P0401, P0562 and limp mode sometimes

Zerocool7402

TDI
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen
Was driving down the interstate when my car went into limp mode. Had to get all the way on limp mode which was 100 more miles. Had the codes checked at Advancedauto and was giving the code P0087, P0401, P0562.
Checked the rail sensor and fuel meter valve resistance and had 4.5 and 3.5 respectively.
Pulled Fuel meter valve and it had an oily substance on the screen but no shavings
Checked Filter and No shavings
Checked the Check valve and I did not feel the valve snap in place but it was free moving
Any help would be great I do not have a obdII reader of vagcom setup yet so no ability to get readings that way but I do have some gauges and such for diagnostics
I have a few pics as soon as I can get the upload to work I will add them and I will be sending a pm to 2micron for help.

jasantos40

TDI
g4 tdi
1.6 tdi?

It's good practice to erase DTCs (codes) and wait for another limp mode, and then check the DTCs. You could looking at old DTCs.

About P0401, Common rail TDIs have a known problem for EGR valve actuator getting broken, stuck open, and throwing lots of smoke to the intake.