www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Forum and Web Page Info > TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions

TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions This is the place for updates on the website and forums. This is also the spot for forum questions, comments, ideas, gripes, requests, etc. This forum is NOT for posting problems about your car. Non-topic posts will be moved or removed.

Old May 9th, 2016, 19:15   #1
KERMA

Default password reset pls

anuthee asked me to get someone to reset his password.
user name anut and e-mail is anuthee@gmail.com
For some reason he can't log in and the e-mail address isn't recognized.
thanks in advance
No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical. - Neils Bohr
KERMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 19:52   #2
BKmetz
Administrator, Member #10

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG

I believe he had a cookies/cache conflict. I updated his email and reset his account. He should be good to go.

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 05:53   #3
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km

Also he can contact us directly for support via the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page and we'll get it straightened out.

2010 Golf Highline Wagon (Blue Graphite Pearl)
Aspherical Mirrors

- Past VWs:
2003 Indigo Blue TDI Bora Wagon;1996.5 Black 2.sl0w Golf
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 10:15   #4
aNUT

Fuel Economy: Great.

thanks for the help guys. Turns out I'm an idiot and wasn't requesting a new password with the correct email address.
Old May 17th, 2016, 13:52   #5
BKmetz
Administrator, Member #10

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG

Don't be too hard on yourself. We get this all the time.

People change their email, forget their old email, or worse, register with a throw-away email because they think they'll get spam from us or something. Then they'll ask us to reset their account and NOT give us their user name. We can only do a member search by email or user name. One has to provide the email they registered with or their user name for a member search to work.

When searching the member database by user name, the user name has to be exact. 'My user name is 'dieseldud' can you reset my account. After a lot of wasted time we find out the user name is 'diesel-dud.' Very frustrating.

Another very annoying thing that happens is people have their email spam blocker setting on max. We find their account, update and reset it, then our reply informing them their account is good to go is bounced back as undeliverable.

We also periodically purge inactive accounts. For some reason people register and then never use the account. After 6 months the account defaults to the 'inactive users' list. So after a year or so we delete all accounts that the 'join' date is the same as the 'last activity' date with a 0 post count. Then we get emails asking, 'I had an account years ago and now I can't log on.' Sorry, start over.

It's all part of the job.

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2018, 09:21   #6
cassius8

Fuel Economy: a little Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNUT View Post
thanks for the help guys. Turns out I'm an idiot and wasn't requesting a new password with the correct email address.
It's easy once you know what you're doing.
cassius8 is offline   Reply With Quote