GTD in 2015?

TQOOOO

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG & 2008 E320 Bluetec
Not many guys will actually pay 40+k for a Golf.
And for a little more money you can get 335d...

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
I dont know. Most new golf tdi's sell for about 30-34k depending on the dealer and options. For a few more thousand, why not get a setup with sports suspension, steering, interior, headlights, etc... The GTD is cheaper then the GTI in the UK, but i'm not sure how that'll transpose into Canada.

I've added an online Petition on the site if anyone's interested.

fgilice

TDI
2012 Golf Sportwagon TDI DSG
I have signed the online Petition. I'm willing to go as far as trading, or selling my 2006 Jetta TDI and buying the Golf GTD, if VW brings it to Canada.:)

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
I agree that it would be nice to have the GTD here, but i don't want it with just the 140 hp motor, i mean the suspension and other stuff is nice, but give me the powerful motor too

sure it can be retuned, but then you don't have a warranty

they should bring the scirocco over as the GTD, then i'd be really happy

thevwkid53

Veteran Member
TDI
DAS SOOT
If we had a GTD here in Canada my brother would have bought one instead of his 2010 GTI, and I wouldn't have to had built my own.

I know if they bring a GTD here my brother will trade in the GTI and I will stop modding my car and purchase a new one.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Just 5 people have signed the petition. I think every Canadian TDiClub member should sign. Even if the GTD doesn't come over the pond at least the message of how popular diesel cars are in Canada would convey and maybe we'll see more models with diesel options.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
One thing is for sure...Using the VW logo on your website will get their legal department's attention (and likely an offical letter by registered mail).

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
Well, if it's the 4motion GTD I'd pay 40k. But not for a FWD.
a new 190hp diesel engine is in developement with almost 300ft/lb of torque. I'm sure they'd have to make it 4motion in order to keep that torque on the road.

Pass the website around guys. the more people who sign the petition, the better!

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
One thing is for sure...Using the VW logo on your website will get their legal department's attention (and likely an offical letter by registered mail).
I thought about that. But since it's a fan site and it's not for profit, I dont think there's no harm. But they could request to have it removed, which if they requested i wouldn't mind.

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
So, the Golf 7 will not be here till the fall of 2013 (ie a 2014 model) - - - a marketing mistake IMO. More importantly, still waiting for news on the next generation tdi to replace the common fail design.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
It's a given that the next generation TDI engine will use the common-rail injection system. That is the way it works nowadays. The question is whether they will have done something with that infernal HPFP.

It does appear that the Passat TDI hasn't been having HPFP problems, so if they bring the various modifications across to the next Golf/Jetta engine, that'll work.

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
I just hope all the renderings i see online are accurate.. if so, it'll be a sexy little car and sign me up. We'll find out soon enough - Paris motor show is usually in early October.

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
i'm sure if they bring it to the states, they'll bring it to Canada also, and mexico as well. If i hear more, i'll post more on this tread and on golfgtd.ca

tedbe

TDI
none
It's a given that the next generation TDI engine will use the common-rail injection system. That is the way it works nowadays. The question is whether they will have done something with that infernal HPFP.

It does appear that the Passat TDI hasn't been having HPFP problems, so if they bring the various modifications across to the next Golf/Jetta engine, that'll work.
It is a sad commentary that VW has never had to own up to the HPFP problem over four years. Instead they just wait for the redesign and deny, deny, deny. They should have been forced to do a massive recall and make the whole thing right, instead they are allowed to stonewall. They should have been fined and made to make everyone whole. This should have cost them many millions...instead, they now know that refusing to be responsible is a successful business strategy.