Little Pittsburgh Clan

Emily

TDI
2003 Jetta Station Wagon
I second German Auto Outfitters - 724-267-3555. It is drive to get out there, but it is worth it! Jamie and his wife Lori run a great shop out there.

DavidMTroyer

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta
Anybody in the area who enjoys cleaning alh egr valves and intake manifolds? If you have a vagcom we can reset the egr values so I never have to do this again (sorry environment)

MadCat

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Any fellow Pittsburgher's here have a Malone tuned CR stage 2? I have a question regarding PA inspection for your um...off road vehicle. Thanks!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

DubmyRUCA

TDI
12' 4dr Golf TDI
Any fellow Pittsburgher's here have a Malone tuned CR stage 2? I have a question regarding PA inspection for your um...off road vehicle. Thanks!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
I second this, i'm in greensburg and would love to hear anyone's DPF deleted exhaust setup.

Danger Mouse

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I'm a newbie to both VW and diesel, but not a newbie to car maintenance/repair. Is there anyone in the Airport area with a Vag-com? that is willing to give me a crash course on all things diesel, then use the Vag-com to purge the air after I replace the fuel filter?
Beers and comradery are my preferred forms of payment.

PitPassat

TDI
1996 Passat TDI SW
Several years ago I had to replace the turbo on my Passat. At that time I also did a clean sweep of the intake ( actually done by Bolland Machine, a diesel shop right here in Chippewa). I also did an EGR delete, removed the 5th injector. I also more or less destroyed the cat - it appeared somewhat clogged so I jammed a 1" pipe through until I had a clear path down the middle.

Sine three years now the engine check light is on due to a faulty oxygen sensor on the cat. Never had any issue with inspection since there is no emissions testing for Diesels here in PA. The yearly inspection only includes the mechanical part of the car, not the engine.

By the way - if anybody knows how to fool the system making that CEL for the oxygen sensor go away, I'dbe much obligedto learn about it.

enatman

TDI
current 2006 brm, 2014 passat SE returned, 2000 jetta 404k (sold)
any recommended pittsburgh tdi mechanics? any tuners? thanks in advance..I have vag com if anybody is near the airport

Thrwnsprkz

TDI
11 & 12 sportwagen
Refered to, and taking my tdi sportwagen to ”Dub Junkie“ next mo for its timing belt service but I’m new and also from the pgh area born and raised.

Angus1

TDI
'15 GSW TDI 6MT
Several years ago I had to replace the turbo on my . Never had any issue with inspection since there is no emissions testing for Diesels here in PA. The yearly inspection only includes the mechanical part of the car, not the engine.
This is partially true. While there is no emissions inspection on diesels in PA. There is still a visual inspection to see if the emission components are in place. Inspection mechanic is supposed to look to be sure that the emission control components are still in place.