GLI Brake Upgrade for 2006.5 Jetta TDI

kpaske

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Could someone tell me the exact parts I would need, and the best place to get them, for a complete GLI brake upgrade? Anything special I would need to know about doing the swap?

Thanks in advance!!

kpaske

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
How about you stop being rude? I've spent a couple hours searching the site and was still unsure. Perhaps you can find the answer in 10 seconds because you know what to look for. I, unfortunately, do not, and want to ensure I buy the right parts so I don't screw up the job. If your assistance requires me dealing with a nasty attitude, you can simply mind your own business in the future and I'm sure someone else will help.

Thanks for answering my question.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
How about you stop being rude? I've spent a couple hours searching the site and was still unsure. Perhaps you can find the answer in 10 seconds because you know what to look for. I, unfortunately, do not, and want to ensure I buy the right parts so I don't screw up the job. If your assistance requires me dealing with a nasty attitude, you can simply mind your own business in the future and I'm sure someone else will help.

Thanks for answering my question.
I'm not being rude, I suggested you used the search function and you scoffed at that idea. So I did a 10 second Google search, 'MKV brake upgrade'

Enjoy the new brakes.

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta 03 Golf 2 door
There is a thread about this somewhere. I was in it, as I did it. Best upgrade for the $$$. Brakes that instill confidence are priceless! Do the comparison often between mine with the GLI brakes and the wife's without, no comparison...IMHO.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
I did the same on my '06 Jetta TDI.......no issues and far better brake feel. So easy!

Hamman

Veteran Member
TDI
No TDI's, but an '84 Rabbit diesel
You can get carriers from any vehicle that uses 312's on the front. I got them from a Audi A3 in a junkyard for about $30 each, then got bigger rotors. Works just fine!

bl00tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
None
You can get carriers from any vehicle that uses 312's on the front. I got them from a Audi A3 in a junkyard for about $30 each, then got bigger rotors. Works just fine!
Good tip! Did you by any chance get a price for the rears? $30 each for the fronts is so cheap that I'd have been tempted to upgrade all around!