I´ve just hacked off my backbox

Little Pickle

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Arosa 1z TDI 150bhp/320NM
hi folks

Just spent 4 hours hacking off my backbox from my 1z Seat Arosa.

I have MORE power!!! And some very nice deep exhaust notes under acceleration! I knew i´d have a vast improvement in the sound department but didnt think i´d see much improvement in power.

I tested my new mod up a 3km stretch of steep hill (rag this hill everyday) and reached 170kmph where as normally 160 is tops.

Thought i´d share my excitement with you and get your hack-saw blades out.

Martyn

F2 Ed

Veteran Member
TDI
SEAT Leon 110
My 1z golf also felt faster when i took the rear box off and gutted the cat. I thought it was just in my head lol

DJGonzo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 2.0 BHW
I feel so tempted to do this. How loud is it? Is it too loud for a long trip? I like deep roars but it kills me on long 2hr+ trips.

Little Pickle

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Arosa 1z TDI 150bhp/320NM
In the cockpit with window up and crusing, cant hardly notice the difference. Its when you open it right up and have windows open is when you really hear it. Sounds great...massive turbo whooshing too.

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora ASZ 130PD, Corrado 150PD in production
I did this with mine, I thought it felt faster without the back box, until I put a new back box on after about 6 months and the car felt faster again and was alot smoother to drive than without the box.

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora ASZ 130PD, Corrado 150PD in production
kooyajerms said:
and then when you take that back box off, it will feel faster again.:eek:
Lol, yeah you are probably right, I think just because you know you have done something you think its faster:rolleyes:

Its definetly smoother with the box on though, even the wife noticed that and she didn't even know what i'd done!

DJGonzo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 2.0 BHW
I definitely want to do either a muffler delete or a big straight pipe. Which one would give me a turbo whistle? I love turbo whistles