TDIFest 2011 Registration

stevebanks

TDI
Jetta, 1999, Black; Audi Q5 TDI
I registered today (6/21) and thought I would get the $25 early registration rate, but I got the $35 rate. No big deal, but the site did say $25 until 6/21.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I registered today (6/21) and thought I would get the $25 early registration rate, but I got the $35 rate. No big deal, but the site did say $25 until 6/21.
Confirmed. I just registered and was charged the $35 fee. Please keep the extra $10 as a donation to the site, but you might want to update the site in case anyone else registers and expects the lower price.

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
My understanding is until means up to but not including (as in we partied until dawn). That's how I entered the discount into the OSCommerce site, having the discount end on 6/21, it was automated based on rules we entered when the prices were entered.
This appears to be a communication error on the part of the TDIFest 2011 committee. (Note for next year we should choose better wording to be less ambiguous)
If anyone needs the $10 refund let me know and I will figure out how to discount retroactively.

stevebanks

TDI
Jetta, 1999, Black; Audi Q5 TDI
Please consider my $10 as a donation to the site. I'm not looking for a refund, but I am looking forward to a good time at the Fest!:)

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Registered!
Not so sure about the hotel, though. Hilton or not I can't afford 100 bucks a night. It's likely that I'll be finding a hotel that's cheaper since I'll be coming by myself. I'm looking forward to this weekend regardless!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Registered!
Not so sure about the hotel, though. Hilton or not I can't afford 100 bucks a night. It's likely that I'll be finding a hotel that's cheaper since I'll be coming by myself. I'm looking forward to this weekend regardless!
You will miss alot not being in the host Hotel....You ought to post looking for a roomate this is done every year!

WI_Norskie

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Galactic Blue
Registered

Bringing the family plus our exchange student to see Horse country, looking forward to it!

xTheChadx

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Jetta
anyone wanting to split a room? im trying to do this on the dirt cheap.... as i am moving right after TDI fest... figure this is a long shot...

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Registered, figured I better go see the ole crew before Tomo and Peter V decide not to come anymore. I see Old Navy is throwing his last GTG later in October. Said something about age or something like that. :p

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
We'll be there.

Looking forward to some, others....not so much.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Well, it looks very much like I will not be attending this year's TDIFest.

I have an escrow closing on a new to us house on Aug 12, so we will be setting up the new place and have to deal with the old place at the same time.

Not a good time for a 6000 mile road trip.

What do I have to do to get the teeshirts mailed to me?

TDI Stevestr

Veteran Member
TDI
Former 2011 Golf 4 Dr TDI DSG; Looking at the '17 Chevy Colorado

I have an escrow closing on a new to us house on Aug 12, so we will be setting up the new place and have to deal with the old place at the same time.

Too bad - as a fellow former San Diegan I was looking forward to meeting you but I understand the stresses involved with a new home.

TDI Stevestr

Veteran Member
TDI
You will miss alot not being in the host Hotel....You ought to post looking for a roomate this is done every year!
I agree. You really should try to support the host hotel but I also understand about the $99/night rate. They even try to upsell you on a corner room, top floor room, or fountain-facing room. LOL

TDI Stevestr

Veteran Member
TDI
anyone wanting to split a room? im trying to do this on the dirt cheap.... as i am moving right after TDI fest... figure this is a long shot...
Didn't know you were going. We'll have to talk about Denver when I'm out there. I already pulled the trigger on a single room.

TDI Stevestr

Veteran Member
TDI
Appreciate the hint ... with the number registered so far, 'skimming' has nicked almost $100 in Paypal fees ... not that we're begging for donations or anything ... just so all know we're doing our part to keep the cost down and definitely appreciate those who kick in the addition donation if it can be afforded.
I don't know if Amazon payment does the same skimming or not, but almost everyone has an Amazon account. Something for next year. I'll kick in an extra $10 since I forgot about the skimming. I'll even do it via check so the $10 doesn't get re-skimmed.

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf

sorry to hear you can't make it, but if you order the tshirt just leave some info in the notes when you checkout and we will figure out how to ship the shirt out

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Okay, this might just be me but I think I have screwed up my registration!

I don't think I have completed it. Could someone contact me and help me get this straight? I think I have gotten everything I wanted, but I don't think I have actually registered! I owe you $35.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Thank you, Sir. I just registered. I only want 1 T-shirt, so there might be a problem as I asked for one already.

I want:

Registration
$10 Donation
Dyno
Pig
Show-n-Shine
Scenic
Sunday morning breakfast

Thanks!

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
BeetleGo I refunded the extra tshirt and donation since it was a single transaction, paypal wont let me pick and choose. The rest you are signed up for (now).
We can square up at the fest for the donation with a $10 bill if you like and paypal wont take its extra $1 out of it. :D

Thank you, Sir. I just registered. I only want 1 T-shirt, so there might be a problem as I asked for one already.

I want:

Registration
$10 Donation
Dyno
Pig
Show-n-Shine
Scenic
Sunday morning breakfast

Thanks!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I tried mailing my check to the address listed and got it back as NSA.. so Ill just bring my check to Fest and turn it in in person.