Bad day

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I share your pain. Hopefuly things will be fixed in fairly short order. I just got my baby back last week after my unfortunate deer incident. It was in the shop 2 weeks. All is well again.

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
Eugh, nasty. That'll be an expensive fix, I'd think, as it looks like both front chassis legs are well bent...

What hit you- a freight train?

mkeller

TDI
Passat, 2005, Graphite Blue
I think if I was in your shoes I'd be putting down a deposit on a new one. Even if it's non-refundable the sense of security would be worth it!

Glad no one was hurt. Good Luck!

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
I know, sorry for your loss.

If it were any other manafacture of a car, one could say, "it's only sheet metal." But we all know that's not the case with the TDI. It's much more than sheet metal. It's a car with soul, with design, with looks, with finger tip response, with passion and last, but not least, with consciousness...just like it's drivers and owners!!

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
Depending on the insurance company it will probably be a total loss... Our Equinox was totaled and it looked better. It's mainly because the frame rails were bent and it was unsafe to bend them back and replacing them got $$$$ quick.

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
I agree. The Passat TDI's are a little hard to get and this is the last year. You may want to see if you can get your insurance company to total it out and get a new Passat. You will not be happy with it after the repair, I mean hitting a Deer is one thing but a T-bone from another car is another story. Airbags, airbag sensors, ECU's etc are big, big bucks. Not to mention the fact that you will be without the use of your car for several weeks.

I do know where there is a new 2005 Passat TDI in grphite blue with the Anthracite Leatherette.

Just my .02.