for a 1.9l brm would you guys inform on firing order,

fluxcore

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta tdi
I know #1 is my timing belt and #2 is at other end, but where is #3 and 4 Please.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Not sure what you are asking here.

The firing order is 1-3-4-2, same as every other inline 4 cylinder engine (please someone let me know if you know of one that isn't)

The cylinders are number 1 through 4 starting with the timing belt end of the engine.

Some VAG 4 cyl diesels have the glow plugs numbered backwards, for reasons unknown to the universe outside of Wolfsburg. Maybe it was an inside joke? Too much beer one night? Who knows. But if you have a DTC that says "#2 glow plug circuit" you may indeed have a problem with the #3 cylinder's plug.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Oilhammer, I tried, but not real hard.

The 1950 Ford 8N Tractor with an in-line 4 cylinder has a firing order of: 1-2-4-3 (Counter-Clockwise rotation of the dizzy, which is how functions)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Good to know! If my 8N ever needs a tune up I would have been lost.

My boss has a '29 Model A, and it is 1-3-4-2, and at the time I couldn't remember ever running across an I4 that wasn't. But I know there were some old French engines that had the crank configuration different. They had #1 and #3 pistons going up and down together, and #2 and #4 were paired. So they may have something different.

If you know something about tractors, come help me figure out my '51 Farmall Super A! :) I cannot get it to run!!!