Oil Change interval

Rodmiser

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta s\DSG 2015 & 1&2 FIX
Schaeffer Oil, 8008 Advanced European Performance Mid SAPS 5W-30- 507.00
Using this oil, and will change at 15000 miles or 24140 K. Its not cheap oil.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Let's see if I can revive an old discussion. I've read through a lot of threads about OCI and still have one thing to clear up.

My mechanic (actually the guy at the front desk) told me to stick to a 5k mile OCI because the filter only lasts that long, and I could damage the turbo if I try to push beyond that. I'm not sure which filter they're using (i assume MANN), but he claimed the stock filter that comes with the car is the only one that can do 10k miles, and, unless you're getting your filters straight from VW, anything else is only going to last 5k miles.

Thoughts?

(BTW I often change at 10k still, but in my head I have to add 5k to the sticker they put on my windshield)
If the filter is the issue, change it at whatever interval you want.
I used to change the filter every 5000mi and oil every 10,000mi in my Tacoma after going synthetic. The filter in it was half the size we run and it made sense.
As far as I know the factory used Mann filters, or maybe another German manufacturer. It's about particle allowance and surface area of filter as to what the filter is capable of doing.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Rodmiser

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta s\DSG 2015 & 1&2 FIX
Oil change

Have u used this oil yet ? And did u do a oil analysis ?

No first time with Schaeffer Oil. Here is what I found, not much, but good for me .

Schaeffer Oil is a privately held, U.S. company, which operates under the name Schaeffer Manufacturing Company. Schaeffer manufactures specialty lubrication products, including oil additives, friction modifiers, and synthetic oils, greases and other compounds. Its products are marketed directly by the company to end users in industries including construction, mining, agriculture, manufacturing, trucking, marine, and high performance racing. As of 2017, the company had domestic and international sales in excess of $150 million.[1]