Oversized piston!

Kerma_tuned

TDI
2002 jetta tdi alh
I have one brand of pistons for cylinder 1 and 2 and another set for 3 and 4 of a different brand slightly different sizing, these were what the machine shop ordered for me. Anyone know if this is normal?will it crater my engine? I just dropped 6g's on it so id like it to last. Also is there a break in procedure?

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
You should of got the piston as a 4 piece set. 1&4 are the same and 2&3 are the same in orientation to the valves. So I’m not sure what you have going on. What are they even meant for? I have bhw 2.0 pistons in my alh.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Pd blocks are the way to go but building the alh bottom end and top should make it capable of 400hp. Biggest problem will be fueling.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
As we have seen from several projects fueling is not a problem on 380-430hp vp37 engines.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
What part numbers are on the pistons. They should be the same, except 3&4 will have a different letter suffix than 1&2. And they should be the same size. Stock are 79.5mm, oversize are 80mm, if I recall correctly.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
1&2 Pistons are the same and 3&4 are the same. I for some reason posted the wrong info. As indigobluewagon stated they should all be the same size. Valve reliefs are cut different though.