Possible Victoria meet April ??

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Victoria BC Meet, April 22nd, 2012

Edited 3/7/2012 to add:

The 22 of April it is. That seems to be the day that works for everyone.

A possible Victoria TDIclub meet was suggested in another thread and I think a bunch of people think it is a great idea.

March seems like too short notice for people coming from the mainland (and I can't make it) so April could be the month to make it happen.

I already have plans to head to the island for the Easter weekend, but that might not work for other people. The next weekend I'm away, but the next two weekends I could do a Sunday meet.

Possibilities that work for me:
April 7/8 (Easter weekend)
April 22
April 29

Anyone who is interested could you please post what weekend would work for you?

Looking forward to making this happen!

Cheers,
-Chris

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
I'm off Easter weekend (8th) so that could work for me .. if my family isn't planning a dinner on the Sunday.

I'll be out of town the following weekend for my son's birthday but the 22nd works as well.

OrdinaryGirl

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I may be able to make it on the 22, it will totally depend on time. I'm going to be in Parksville the night before.

I likely cannot do the other two. I will be out of town for Easter, and the 29th is the TC10k (which I'm running for the first time ever).

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I am going to be in Vegas on the 29th for a stag (oh $hit) - so I am aiming at the 22nd.

Ozium

TDI
1999.5 Jetta, 2000 Golf and 2014 Passat
22 April

The 22nd sounds great. We could take pictures of all the cars under the cherry blossoms show what a great place Victoria is in the spring.

What place in Victoria are you planning to have it at?

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Looks like the 22nd is winning the race.

As for location, hill-climb event up mt Doug?! :D There's so many great locations in Vic, but I say we include a bit of a cruise, no?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If everyone is looking for a cruise then how about a meet at Clover Point and then a drive along Dallas Road? Either direction works, either towards downtown and around the Inner Harbour, or heading the other way along Beach Drive to Cadboro Bay and stop at Gyro Park. Of course it's weather-dependant.

If people are more into a hang-out-and-eat-BBQ we could meet at Elk Lake and use the covered picnic area at the south end near the rowing club. Lots of options but lets make sure we get a good turn-out!!

Starting a list of names and the dates that work from what's been posted so far.

Copy and Paste and add your name to the bottom to keep the list going.

1. Blizzard60 - April 7/8, 22, or 29
2. Ed's TDI - April 7/8 or 22
3. OrdinaryGirl - April 22
4. Zedbra - April 22
5. Ozium - April 22

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Is both a cruise and a BBQ too much of a time commitment? If I'm coming over and paying the ridiculous ferry fees I don't just wanna hang out for an hour then get right back on the return ferry. I'm sure you know what I'm saying considering all the GTGs you've organized over here...

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I'm probably going to have my son with me as well - maybe the whole family as my wife has never been to Vancouver Island.

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
1. Blizzard60 - April 7/8, 22, or 29
2. Ed's TDI - April 7/8 or 22
3. OrdinaryGirl - April 22
4. Zedbra - April 22
5. Ozium - April 22
6. bikerboyriley- April 22

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I'd say lets firm it up for the 22 as that seems like the best day for everyone. Right now it looks like 6 people "confirmed". Let's make this worth everyone's time and get at least a dozen TDI'ers out.

Ed, can you still PM a whole bunch of people at once? Or could you just shoot me your list so you don't have any extra work?

Looking forward to this!
-Chris

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'd say lets firm it up for the 22 as that seems like the best day for everyone. Right now it looks like 6 people "confirmed". Let's make this worth everyone's time and get at least a dozen TDI'ers out.

Ed, can you still PM a whole bunch of people at once? Or could you just shoot me your list so you don't have any extra work?

Looking forward to this!
-Chris
Hey Chris, there's no list except for the Vancouver TDI Owners list in this section. When you're typing in the usernames, the forum software gives you options that match what you're typing so you can click on them. To message more than one person at a time simply insert a ";" between usernames. You can send to 5 people each message. Type out the message, then copy/paste it into each new message. I found it easiest to have a second window open with the list on it for reference. If you need help, I'll be back in town on Monday.

OrdinaryGirl

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Hey sorry been a long couple weeks...the 22 is doable for me, I think you guys could safely do a cruise and a BBQ if you want!

I would say start at ogden point maybe, cruise around James/oak bay, and if you keep following that road it eventually winds up at gyro beach where there's ample parking and picnic tables. Only drawback is that it's a gravel parking lot and that drive basically skirts the bottom part of the city so it's not a super exciting drive. The scenery is really nice tho!

island view beach has a couple of gazebos. You could do a drive through central saanich/Brentwood and end it at island view? and then for those going back to vancouver, you're already halfway to the ferry. Or we could always cruise from ogden point, stop for a coffee or something and then keep cruising out the peninsula to island view. Just ideas.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mid-March bump to drum up more interest! Let's go people, there's gotta be more people able to come out for this!!

(This is beginnning to remind me of the Vancouver GTG's I no longer organize! :rolleyes: )

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Has someone sent out emails to all the people on the west coast?
As Ed said: There is gotta be more people!!

Just spent the better part of the past hour sending out PM's to everyone on the Vancouver TDI Owner roll call list ... well everyone who's got a valid username or account, or has PM's enabled (vancityflyguy - that's why you didn't get one!).

Hopefully we'll get some more people interested!!!

geodug

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6MT
A great idea as I have not been to VI for a while.

I got the email from this website. I usually have to wait until pretty much the last moment for these meet ups but so far it looks like I have another commitment.

Won't know for sure for a few weeks so will have to wait and see.