DFIS in Portland Rocks!

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I sent my IP to DFIS last week and within a couple of days they had an estimate ready. I just had them rebuild my IP and what a great bunch of guys they are. I told them Monday morning to go ahead and rebuild my IP and they shipped it out Tuesday afternoon; it arrived this afternoon (Thursday.) It appears the previous owner of this pump ran some bad Bio-D, so the overhaul was complete from end to end. Their customer service is first rate and I just wanted everyone here to know that.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, they do great work. We send all ours up there. Probably a half dozen or so this year (well, two of them were mine :p ) , and another waiting for customer OK.

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
...It appears ... ran some bad Bio-D, so the overhaul was complete from end to end...
It's funny because that's what they told me to avoid the warranty repair on a pump that they built for me. When I told them I had only run a couple tanks of bio blend from a major chain through a while ago they proceeded to tell me that it was probably the power service diesel kleen that I ran every tank that reduced lubricity and caused the pump to be "full of metal filings". The pump ran great right up until the hub slipped on the input shaft, throwing it out of time.

Sent from my mobile look-at device

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
It's funny because that's what they told me to avoid the warranty repair on a pump that they built for me. When I told them I had only run a couple tanks of bio blend from a major chain through a while ago they proceeded to tell me that it was probably the power service diesel kleen that I ran every tank that reduced lubricity and caused the pump to be "full of metal filings". The pump ran great right up until the hub slipped on the input shaft, throwing it out of time.

So to be clear, are you saying power service was the cause of your IP failing due to lack of lubricity ?

bajan

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
So to be clear, are you saying power service was the cause of your IP failing due to lack of lubricity ?

bajan
To be clear, I'm saying that is what the representative at DFIS told me to be the cause of failure of the pump I sent them. They, instead, recommended using Stanadyne additives because Stanadyne manufactures pumps and should know what's best for them and they(dfis rep) think power service smells like solvent and therefore can't be good to run through an injection pump.

InfoSec

Veteran Member
I have always used Stanadyne since 2000 in all of my diesels. I believe it is the only additive that was approved by VW. I recall reading that somewhere back in the day. Just don't remember where. I have never had any pump issues from new.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Curt from DFIS let me in on a "secret" today, my "Start of timing error--intermittent" is not from my pump it is from the #3 injector. Here's the kicker: the wire going to my #3 injector is trying to separate and he was not aware of that occurring.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
To be clear, I'm saying that is what the representative at DFIS told me to be the cause of failure of the pump I sent them. They, instead, recommended using Stanadyne additives because Stanadyne manufactures pumps and should know what's best for them and they(dfis rep) think power service smells like solvent and therefore can't be good to run through an injection pump.

Of course Standyne will say that, they want to sell their own additive. Independent testing proves otherwise.