where does relay 109 gets the power from

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
All those codes may have something to do with "connections" at the ECU or in other places.

1. Based on your original post, the Accelerator Implausible Signal is not exactly associated with the overall problem(s). You can pull the accelerator pedal and throw it in the trash can, engine will still start and idle! However, it does get power via the 109 Relay powered circuits....

2. Intake Pressure Sensor (G71) is not located in the EGR. It is located on top of the Inter Cooler and also has the Intake Air Temp sensor(G72) incorporated with it. Two in one unit sort of thingy..

3. See 2 above.

4. Same as 1 above, you can throw the N75 in the trash can and the engine will still start. And, however, it does get it's power via the 109 Relay power circuits.

I do believe you have bigger issues, mainly with the wiring/connectors (connections) ... corroded, as well as possible grounding issues!

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I will continue checking 80 pins at ecu ill keep you posted thxs Andu

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I finally found the culprit, after this issue side lined my golf for quite a few months a year probably , and after messing with it hrs and hrs, i finally hit the target, the crank sensor at the plug connection one of the male pins was not going in at female receptor, so golf would not start, what suprises me that vag.com never acknowledged crank sensor issues, instead was giving me other codes not related to the issue, i finally went out of the box and now is running great, went for uncalled erands testing again RC7 to bring back memories and i had a grim on my face, ive been missing the nasty torque and self strapping yourself to the seat once torque kicks in, i like to thxs all of you for your help and i was able to locate the problem, knock on wood that it does not leave me stranded again, too many trips back home in the past on the tow truck with golf strapped down, iam hesitant to turn it off once far away from home, keep my fingers crossed its fixed,

I always say great things about this forum

Last edited:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Address please!

Bill forthcoming for research and technical advice...:D

Glad you got 'er going! It's always a good feeling to ferret out those electrical gremlins and all the rest! Kudos!

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Address please!
Bill forthcoming for research and technical advice...:D
Glad you got 'er going! It's always a good feeling to ferret out those electrical gremlins and all the rest! Kudos![/QUOTE

Got her going good then all of the sudden I parked golf at my house for 1 day then the sucker wont fire up although it did fire up for 2 consecutive days after I supposedly fixed it, then the 3rd day it did not want to,, thats why I did not want to turn her off after a road test cause I was afraid this would happen, lesson learned cant call victory until the fat lady sings.

now my next thing to do for me is to change the old crank sensor to a new one which I already got, I left the old one once it fired up, but that could be the issue here, I am hoping, if not I am going to mess with ecu fastener and 80 pins again.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Back up some here. Does the MIL and glow lamp come on when you turn the key on, yes or no?
If yes, then the ECU is powering up. Next step would be to check for crank RPM signal with a scan tool during cranking. I would actually first make sure no DTCs are present while in there, just to rule that out. But a dead CKP sensor will not set a DTC but will show "0" RPM during cranking if it is not sending a signal.
That is what is showing O rpm while cranking so I will replace crank sensor hopefully it will fix the pain in the ass persistant issue

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Now new crank sensor fixed the issue temporarily I had golf going for approx. 7 days nice and dandy and I thought issue was fixed, I parked it for a about 3 days and all of the sudden same symptoms, O rpm while cranking no glow plug light on dashboard so now I know its the crank sensor but why is it blowing them??? it was a brand new one, all I did was to hook up battery tender after I parked it cause I did not think I was going to use her for a while, I hope that battery tender is not blowing it, it is something rare it was firing up without any issue, just like in the past, now is showing same ill effect, after having it parked for a few days, it does not want to fire up agian??? anybody wants to chime in

Last edited: