What did you do to your MKVI-A6 ~2010-2014 Golf family inc Jetta SportWagen Today?

Drclaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Installed my idparts winter covers and installed some aspherical mirrors. Also blacked out my chrome window trim

ThomasCo

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI
Replaced the thermostat on my 2010 JSW because it was running cool and not completing its regens. Got totally grossed out by the orange goo that was in the bowels of the cooling system, so once the new thermostat was in I flushed it 4-5 times with distilled water and evacuated with a shop vac afterwards. Also spotted a pinhole in my serpentine belt so I replaced that one too.

After doing an oil change with 507.00 0W-30 a few weeks back followed by a DSG service, I feel good about hitting the winter months in CO now!

pipesta

TDI
'14 JSW TDi 6MT
Finally got around to installing my Cascade German skid plate and the Unibrace UB I found locally. Definitely stiffens up the car quite a bit, overall very happy with how it rides. Had to drill and tap 1 hole in the subframe as one of the original T30 bolts was snapped off. Otherwise everything would have been a quick easy install.

Drclaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Put on my winter wheel setup, power washed the under carriage, took off the wheel well liners and power washed them all out. Got as much as I could with fluid film. Pulled factory plugs and got deep into interior of the body panels and floor runners, all the linkages and control arms. I ran out of time and didnr get a chance to get better coverage under the car tho.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I just realized that there are two, "what did I do to my car" threads in this forum. Since this one is specific to the JSW maybe better?

Anyway, short version here. Installed IDparts winter front, P2015 bracket as preventative measure. And I flashed to Malone Stage 2. I plan to install my OEM short shifter sometime this week as well. I bought a bunch of parts about 2 years ago when I got the car and I'm finally getting around to putting them in.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Passed bi annual Ca smog
Programmed newly installed Kenwood/Maestro

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Dialing in a new Kenwood and dealing with a few issues. The ebay concealed rear hatch handle backup camera was solid, o.e. looking and has a clear picture, the problem is it is NON adjustable and points way down. I think I'll buy another and see if I can modify it. The other issue is the installer used a SINGLE antenna adapter. I had included both single & dual (like a dummy) and of course he used the single. I could notice reception denigration, not bad but enough to insist the proper (double) be installed. Im sometimes surprised how a "professional" installer will claim things like "we aren't even sure what the 2nd plug is for"? He sheepishly went ahead when I mustve embarrassed him by answering "its VW's priority antenna system". What a difference. Anyways they did a great install and does this Kenwood sound incredible.

lojasmo

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW
Wired my garage door opener to a momentary touch button and installed that inside the ashtray. Lost the little silicone insert for the DSG delete button so that no longer works. Derp.