Timing Belt in Edmonton

anpaul

TDI
2001 golf
Long time reader, first time poster here.

I'm an Edmonton BEW owner who's looking into doing a timing belt replacement over the next few months. I have a bit of mechanical experience and have done a fair bit of routine maintenance on my TDI's, but I've never taken on a job as big as a timing belt.

I've taken my vehicle to Westside a number of times and have always had great experiences, but I'd love to learn how to do a timing belt on my own. I know this might be a long shot, but I'm wondering if there are any Edmonton area members who would be willing to lend a hand in replacing a timing belt and helping me through that process. I'd be happy to pay a "guru" for their time or to help them with a project of their own.

At the end of the day, I'm hoping to learn something and save a few bucks in the process (going back to school shortly). I plan on to own this car for the long run and would like to know how to replace a timing belt myself the next time the interval comes about.

Thanks for the reading and if you're interested, feel free to PM me on here and we could discuss the details.