2002 TDI jetta for sale NC/GA

GSwag

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
I am putting my 02 jetta up for sale and looking to see if there interest on here. It has about 136k miles, is silver, sunroof, gray interior, auto, runs great and needs nothing.

I bought this car from the original owner 2 months ago. He had owned it since new, before me. kept most maintenance records which he had completed at the dealership. I bought as a commuter but as luck would have it, my wife bought a new SUV this month and we have one too many cars, so I plan to sell this and just drive her accord that she no longer needs. I love this TDI and it drives great with no problems, I just have one too many cars. Upon receiving the car, I took steps to freshen it up.

Some of the things I did to it:

Overhauled some things like: Replacing front ball joints, control arms w/bushings, brake vacuum pump gasket to fix small leak, valve cover and gasket to fix small leak, new brakes, glow plugs and wiring harness, drivers window switch, coolant temperature sensor and thermostat to correct check engine light which is not on. It came with good tires. This car was gone over by my best friend who is a mechanic and owner of a large professional garage. He and his mechanics diagnosed and performed the work for me. Anything that was found not up to par was address down to the headliner.

I could not stand the stereo in this car so I had it replaced at the stereo shop with a Sony 6.4" CD/DVD head unit with apple play/android auto (Sony XAVAX200). They installed the microphone and it works beautifully with apple play on music, phone calls, bluetooth etc.

It runs beautifully and i have found no faults outside of typical wear and tear on the inside. The grab handle on the driver's door is loose. I will fix when it gets warm enough to go outside and work on it. Some of the seat stitching has come loose from use. I was planning on using seat covers. the center arm rest hinge is broken. The driver door latch sensor is getting week. i would replace it when it gets warm but just much of a concern.

The car is stock and never been modified. The previous owner, who owned it all but 2 months of its life appears to have taken good care of it with maintenance performed. He brought it in to my friend's shop to have the check engine light addressed and my friend told me to buy it as he knew I was looking for a commuter. He felt that strongly about it and went through everything on it. Hate to sell it because of that but have one too many cars. Its fun to drive, gets great fuel mileage and has been a pleasure so far.

I want $4200 because that's exactly what I have put into it and not really in the mood to negotiate, given the condition and value of the car. I split time between North GA and Western NC so it can be seen in these general areas. PM me with questions or inquiries.

Last edited:

ojorek

TDI
2001 VW Beetle TDI x2, 2005 VW Golf TDI
Is it still for sale? If yes, can you please PM me photos of exterior, interior, and engine comp? I live just south of ATL. Thanks!