GTG Vancouver, BC?

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Hello everyone!
I've had my 2015 Golf TDI since April 2017 and I love this thing. Before that, I was driving a 2015 Golf (gas model) so there was a big difference for me.
I've been on the forum for a while and never really thought to ask if there was a GTG in Vancouver that happens regularly. If not, would anyone be interested in meeting up? I also have an OBDEleven device if anyone else wants to get some programming done. Hope to hear from you guys soon!
- David

CalvinM

TDI
2003 Golf
Hey David, I haven't heard of a Vancouver GTG; but I did just move up here a year ago. I have an 03 Golf. Also have VCDS and a bunch of ALH tools(transmission, timing).

Any other lower mainland folks on here?

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Hey David, I haven't heard of a Vancouver GTG; but I did just move up here a year ago. I have an 03 Golf. Also have VCDS and a bunch of ALH tools(transmission, timing).

Any other lower mainland folks on here?
I know of 2 others but they aren't in the forum. They would be interested for a meet as well.

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Lets set a date for next month. I am guessing the evenings are better? A weekend or a weekday?

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
November sounds good for me as well. Would be fun to meet up and see what's going on locally.

z14ben

TDI
2000 Jetta
I would come but them transportation safety people stole my licence for 4 months. Would come to one in the new year though :)

CalvinM

TDI
2003 Golf
I'm in, but I'm not sure that 3pm on a weekday is a good time for most people. I think either a weekday evening or a weekend would be better. What do others think?

I really enjoy when we can work on cars some. Does anyone have a space for something like that?

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Weekday evening works for me as well. Just need to find a time for everyone's schedule. Monday or Wednesday evenings? 7pm?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
JS Performance out in Abbotsford used to make space for GTGs, IIRC.

If someone is close by there, maybe pop in and see if they'd be open to having an "open house" kind of event some evening (?).

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
Is there any interest in doing this GTG?

How about doing this at HPA?

Perhaps if HPA doesn't work, we could see if another vendor has space.

I was looking at HPA as more central being in Langley and they have expressed an interest as well.

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
So looks like we got a few more people interested. Time and location are what we most likely need before we can execute. November 24th evening or December 1st evening? I don't mind if its at HPA or somewhere like that.

Jozzie

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
I run the local Audi club here in VAN, we meet up Thursdays in Coquitlam.. might be able to extend the offer to come drink coffee and shoot the ****.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
I run the local Audi club here in VAN, we meet up Thursdays in Coquitlam.. might be able to extend the offer to come drink coffee and shoot the ****.
I like the sounds of this. Where do you meet and what time on Thursdays.

Some advantages of a GTG on the weekend are that we could tinker on cars in the daylight, if there was space and with a vendor or 2, we could take advantage of possible help installing tunes or simple items on the cars.

Maybe we could get Malone to attend to enlighten us about tunes for example. A dyno would be a blast as well :).

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Wish we had more space, could probably do something on a weekend though! lots are usually empty then so would be fine with 10-15 cars, could fire up the dyno as well.

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
I've been interested in getting a DSG tune and Stage 2 upgrade. Would love to see the difference in person rather than YouTube.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
You're welcome to drop by the shop, feel free to shoot me a pm.

If having a few people by for a meet we'd rather not tie all our time up with one person doing tuning, anything like custom dyno tuning would be better suited for a normal appointment one on one.

Jozzie

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
I like the sounds of this. Where do you meet and what time on Thursdays.
Some advantages of a GTG on the weekend are that we could tinker on cars in the daylight, if there was space and with a vendor or 2, we could take advantage of possible help installing tunes or simple items on the cars.
Maybe we could get Malone to attend to enlighten us about tunes for example. A dyno would be a blast as well :).

We meet bout 7:30-8
1988 United BLVD in Coq.

Details are on my forum in the coffee meet section (link in Sig) don't Wana push the club hard on here.