What are you guys paying for your 2012 Passat

creger

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT Tungsten/black
I just picked up my 6MT yesterday. I paid 25,665 with monster mats, plus $200 doc fee that includes temp tag. My credit union is doing 1.49% if you have an account with direct deposit (max financed is 80% of purchased price). Rate good for up to 72 months if you are so inclined.

shelbydog25

TDI
2012 DSG Passat SE
$100 over invoice. Offered them 200 under invoice at first. Wouldn't budge. Then got dealership tp
O go up $200 more on my Jett's tdi trade

jaredaggie

TDI
2000 ALH, Black, 5M; 2013 Passat TDI 2.0 6MT
$26,528 for 2013 SE

Paid an extra grand for different rims and window tint w/ LT warranty.

This price was through my bank, (who uses ZAG), and the local dealership gladly honored it.

HTH.

TD Einspritzer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
$26,398 plus TTL for a 2012 TDI SE with sunroof, DSG, monster mats, lip spoiler, first aid kit and wheel locks. MSRP was $ 29,410. So $3,012 off is pretty good and I am very happy with this price.

TDI-BZ

TDI
2012 TDI Passat 6MT
Just sold the following recently:
2012 Passat SE TDI yesterday (MSRP)
2012 Jetta TDI Premium Manual (-$1200)
2012 Golf R, Blue 2 Door (invoice $700)
2012 Jetta TDI Premium w/ Nav & Manual (-$345)

and have these going tomorrow
2012 Beetle ($250 over invoice)
2012 Jetta Sportswagen TDI, Roof & Nav ( MSRP)

as you can see, the deals are there to be had but people do pay MSRP. Remember that when trying to grab a popular car. As production ramps up on the diesels (currently a 17% production line) the demand will rise (more advertising) and the incentives will slow down and be less drastic.

2boysandapassat

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
2012 Passat SEL TDI

Just bought a '12 Passat TDI SEL, Glacier Blue on Black with first aid kit and floor mats for $30400. Had 6 days now, no issues and still have over half a tank with nearly 300 miles on the clock and mix of city/hwy.

gr8smile66

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT, NightBlue/Beige
Hello-

I ordered my 2012 Passsat TDI SE 6MT Night blue/cornsilk on April 14 as no dealerships in the great northeast (or mostly the eastern seaboard) had any manual transmissions on the lot, or I didn't want the color available (usually that tungsten silver color). The car was assembled on June 8 and delivered to me on June 28 YAY ME!!

I paid 25,999 plus tax title tags, price included destination. I specifically asked for no mats (I knew that they tried to include them in every sale). Guess what- got the Monster mats, cargo liner and blocks upon delivery, no charge!

I am happy with the price I paid because I know how hard this car is to come by. The color combo of the nightblue and cornsilk is classy. The manual is fun to drive.

I feel the car looks like most of the other cars in its class on the road today, but I do appreciate the interior space, especially the back seat. I don't care for the brushed metal interior trim with the beige, and wish that the sunroof and upgraded stereo were options with the manual transmission.

First tank of diesel, 150 miles so far, and the display is telling me I'm averaging about 40 mpg, mostly highway....

I'm looking forward to many years of pleasure driving this car....

Last edited:

TDI_Ryan

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I can't find anyone who'll do more than $1000 off sticker. I mean ANYWHERE. I've tried from Texas to Louisiana to Oklahoma. It's sticker, or a few hundred dollars under sticker. Those who are getting $2-3k off sticker, where are you going??

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I can't find anyone who'll do more than $1000 off sticker. I mean ANYWHERE. I've tried from Texas to Louisiana to Oklahoma. It's sticker, or a few hundred dollars under sticker. Those who are getting $2-3k off sticker, where are you going??
Either going to the dealerships that offer better pricing or having shrewd negotiating skills.

TD Einspritzer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
As previously mentioned i got $ 3012.00 off MSRP. Have sent out 6 e-mails to different dealers in a range of 300 miles and one of them came back with that price. The worst i received was $ 400.00 off. I let everone know that i requested prices from several dealers. It was also the end of the month plus the end of the quarter as well. Guess this might have a slight impact as well

ProcessTech1

TDI
2012 VW Passat SE 6MT
I'm in Raleigh also. The local dealers said there was no chance for a tdi manual so I went to cars.com. Took a couple of weeks but I found the exact car in Minneapolis, made the deal, flew up and drove it home. Great car and had a good drive to get to know it. Don't limit your search to just the triangle........

I had a dealer tell me the same thing...i said "order it"! They said they didn't know when/if it would come in, I said SO WHAT ORDER IT ANYWAY! To everyone's surprise it came in about a month and a half later!

ProcessTech1

TDI
2012 VW Passat SE 6MT
I paid sticker price of $25,699 plus destination charges for mine from Archer in Houston. I had to put a deposit down, but unlike other VW dealers in Houston it was refundable. In my opinion there was no need in haggleing over the price, I'm pretty sure someone else would have scooped it up a few hours later. VW Credit did give me a damn good rate...1.9% and the dealership tinted my windows for free!

gearguywb

TDI
'13 Passat SEL
I tried to buy a 2012 SE with nav, etc today. Offered to pay 100 over invoice. Dealer said there was no way he discounted the TDI Passats and he offered the car at sticker -500.

Obviously our values were a bit different. No hard feelings, and I am still looking :)

Niner

duplicate account, banned
I tried to buy a 2012 SE with nav, etc today. Offered to pay 100 over invoice. Dealer said there was no way he discounted the TDI Passats and he offered the car at sticker -500.

Obviously our values were a bit different. No hard feelings, and I am still looking :)
The internet is your friend, cast your "find" net far and wide, call dealers everywhere, leave an email address with them to contact you at, no phone calls, and that you'd like to do this deal by the end of the month.... then let them earn your business. You want all offers emailed to you, and nail down closing costs also in every quote provided in an Out the door price. Print them all out, this is your ammo.

When it gets close to the end of the month... adjust their expectations lower... you give them a price you'll do it at, out the door.

Weekdays, about an hour before they close, with your finances in order, no trade ins, nothing to muck up the deal but a straight car sale, is when you show up at the door to do the deal. Play them on your terms, not theirs.