Wrench On Instrument Cluster

ZIG TDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI... 145k (replaced bad cam, and DMF at 64k)
Just after start up, I have a flashing red wrench on the instrument cluster. I figured it was telling me it was time for an oil change. I did the oil change, but don't know how to reset the warning light, if in fact that's what it is. I can't find it referenced anywhere in the manual.

Thanks for any advice,

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
With the key in the ignition but OFF, press and HOLD the right button in the cluster, then turn the key ON....while holding the right button, press ONE of the left buttons once....bingo, you are reset!

You will look like an idiot doing this, with your arms all crossed through the steering wheel.. That's OK, nobody will see you. :p

Right button has "0.0"
Left buttons have letters on them

Hurst89

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Pkg 0 5spd TDI
Do all A5 jetta's have this? I have a 05.5 pkg 0. Would it be something I need to enable with VAGCOM? Mine has never come up, but I generally keep the maintenance record of about 3 cars in my head including my own...lol guess that's what happens when you work on enough of them on the farm.

Thanks

Hurst

bombero

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Dinglehoser said:
So the pkg 0/pkg 1 cars don't just display the service reminder on the MFD?
They display the reminder and have the above mentioned feature to turn it off after you change the oil.

Hurst89

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Pkg 0 5spd TDI
How would I reactivate it? I wouldn't mind having it on when I leave for college so my Dad doesn't forget about it.

Thanks
Hurst

bombero

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I don't know why yours has never come on, Hurst. Like I said, mine is a package 0 and it comes on. I think it should come every 10k after you reset it. Did you get it new? Maybe it was vagcom disabled when you got it, if that's even possible.

Hurst89

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Pkg 0 5spd TDI
I bought the car used, so I am wondering if the previous owner had it disabled. I don't know much history on this car other than it recieved scheduled maintenance on time at the dealer and they had the correct oil on record for each oil change.

Hurst