GTD in 2015?

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
Hmm.. this is getting interesting. Sounds like people are split between a scirocco GTD and the golf GTD. Personally, i think the golf is more practical then the scirocco. But if you're single and only carry one passenger, the Scirocco is awesome.

E

Emil

GTD will make me run to the dealership
GTD SW will make me sprint to the dealership
But .. what are the chances?

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
The same thing can be says for Jetta TDI Cup Edition, it is still a Jetta to me, no?! Of course not.
That's not what I'm getting at. The Jetta TDI Cup is an edition/trim level of the Jetta. The GTI is just a golf pretending to be a totally different car ;)

Golf, CityGolf, GTI were all the same. From a business perspective, having three "different" cars (which essentially look and are the same, with SOME differences) makes no sense. Just have a Golf, and offer more options/trim levels

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
GTD will make me run to the dealership
GTD SW will make me sprint to the dealership
But .. what are the chances?
Either of those show up here, and I'll race ya to the dealership :D

Now, if they had the proper 170hp version of the Jetta Cup car then ..... :D

MrVermin

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
Alright Guys, I'm about to email this thread over to VW marketing. Anyone else want to jump in before i send this out?

jeffro83

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf tdi gls
i haven't checked the forums in a while...and this is too late a post, likely.

but...ME ME. i'd be in for a gtd.

kombi

TDI
Jetta 1999 Silver Arrow~Sold, Golf 2001 Indigo Blue~sold, Jetta Sportwagen 2009, WAITING ON MY GTD
I've been asking VW Canada for a GTD since european release.

It's options for me, In Canada we can't get what I want on a diesel.

Auto dimming mirrors, memory seats, automatic Xenon headlights, Climatronic...

GTD has these... bring me the diesel version of the GTI and I will buy it.

or at least let me have some options on the golf TDI .

In the mean time we've resorted to converting our '09 sportwagen

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
I will trade my 2011 tdi in for a gtd or scirrocco tdi in heart beat....VW needs to bring these babys over here....that and the amarok

Uisge

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS Black
The GTD is my dream car! A diesel with sport performance. It would definitely be the number one car on my shopping list.

bio tdi

TDI
'04 golf tdi
I'm holding out 'til they bring it over. I've only got 346k Km on my Golf so it should be good for a few more years!! If VW wants to over come the 'stodgy' diesel image this would be perfect vehicle. Bring it on!!

ramdmc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I may commit heresy and buy a Fiat 500 if VW keeps tossing us the stems and seeds. The GTD is about the only thing keeping me from buying an Abarth SS

Why should we have to shell out countless dollars to build our own GTDs when you can just go out and buy one in Europe. The demand is here, most of us here have proven that already, it's rather insulting that we have to do it ourselves if we buy new at the discouragement of the VW service manager who threatens to invalidate our warranties. I'm sure this is common sentiment. /rant off

but seriously, how about that Abarth?? Reminds me of an angry cat toy =)

Last edited:

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
Hey Guys,

I just got an email back from VW. They said they have forwarded me email to the marketing team for VW of America. However, that doesn't say much. Besides, i personally i think it's a bit too late to see the GTD MK6 in canada... maybe the MK7 Version?

CmdrData

Veteran Member
North of 401, where the snow double/triple up!
TDI
2001 Golf - used to
I may commit heresy and buy a Fiat 500 if VW keeps tossing us the stems and seeds. The GTD is about the only thing keeping me from buying an Abarth SS

Why should we have to shell out countless dollars to build our own GTDs when you can just go out and buy one in Europe. The demand is here, most of us here have proven that already, it's rather insulting that we have to do it ourselves if we buy new at the discouragement of the VW service manager who threatens to invalidate our warranties. I'm sure this is common sentiment. /rant off

but seriously, how about that Abarth?? Reminds me of an angry cat toy =)
Do we know the starting price point for regular 500 and the Abarth version in Canada yet?

wainair

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf mkiv/ 2006 smart CDI
AND they come in 14 colours and they aren't all shades of grey or blue!!!

ramdmc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Do we know the starting price point for regular 500 and the Abarth version in Canada yet?
I don't know the price of the Abarth yet, it's all hush hush. And as Bubbles mentioned, the regular 500s are very decently priced and ... oh the color combos are crazy, the fun you can have. I will however vow to buy the Abarth SS if priced under $25K.

Dunno

TDI
Golf
I'm in the market for a TDI right now. I experienced the GTD first hand in Germany last summer and was impressed. I would definitely make it my first consideration for new car if it was available here. My wife is also interested in a TDI powered Touran (again if it were available in Canada).

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
There are alot of video reviews on the GTD on youtube. Some people have some really good things to say, others say that if you want a sporty golf, then get the GTI. But if you want something a little sporty, and with good fuel economy, get the GTD.

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
Bringing the GTD to Canada (A website)

Hey Guys,

I'm tired of not getting good diesels from across the pond here in Canada, so i've started a small website, nothing big. My main goal is to bring attention to Volkswagen of Canada and VWoA to make a greater effort in bringing higher performance diesels to canada. If they can bring over 500 Golf R's why can't they bring over 500 Golf GTDs?

The website is still in it's infancy at www.golfgtd.ca and all suggestions and comments are appreciated in approving the site. Any other ideas on who to bring awareness would be great too. Drop by for a quick look at the "starter" page. A more full fledged site is in the works, so stay tuned.

Thanks
~D