Fog Light Install

mikereidjr

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Hello all
I just bought a 2011 sportwagen tdi and I love it! I wanted to add a set of fog lights and I bought this set: Remarkable Power FL7113 Fit For 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 MK6 Volkswagen Golf/TDI Jetta Sportwagen Chrome Black Bezel Fog Light Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B3V2LAQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QVVKCbEWBMKYN

It seems like a nice kit has the relay and everything of nice, except for the generic on off switch.

I bought a euro switch and would like to wire them in to the factory switch. Can anyone tell me how I would do that?

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
You can get a kit with the switch on eBay for $44. Cut the wire going to the generic button and add a wire to it. Feed that wire into the car and connect it to the headlight switch harness. You’ll need half of a trigger wire (only need one end) to connect to the headlight harness.

mikereidjr

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
So I bought the tirgger wire yesterday it should be here in a few days, I have looked around the web and see how to take apart the small connector on the headlight switch. I will give it a shot

mikereidjr

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Thank you so much! It worked

Does anyone know were I can find what the only other open pin does?