Suspension upgrade questions... I found a 2000 Audi TT complete front suspension.

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 4dr ALH 5-speed
So I have been researching here and there about upgrading my suspension on my 02 Golf TDI. Front is getting a bit creeky, bouncy, and I can see the rear LCA bushings are torn. My original plan was to purchase all polyurethane bushings (f&r LCA, sway endlinks, front strut mounts, rear trailing arm), new Blausport f&r kit, VR6 front springs, wagon rear springs, balljoints, tie-rod ends, and machining a 1-2" lift kit like the metalnerd kit.

Im doing my research for getting the Audi TT rear LCA bushings for my girlfriends jetta, and stumbled upon getting a TT spindles and brakes for my TDI.

So I bumped into a great deal on a 2000 TT front end (1.8t FWD). Subframe, LCA, Steering rack, Tierods, sway bar, spindles, brakes, rotors, struts, CV axles ... pretty much unbolted the subframe and rolled the whole front out from under the car. Dude wants $200 for everything.

So my idea was to swap the LCA, Spindles, Brakes and still put in the lift spacers and the higher rate springs. Figure the bigger brakes and the higher steering arm would keep the tierod more level would be a good thing. And if I ever go to drop it too the TT steering knuckle is in a better position.

I know the TT LCA's don't have the mount point for the mkiv sway bar. I have also read a few people say that removing the front sway bar rides and responds a bit better. Also hear about the TT steering rack is quicker lock to lock, but I hear you need a lower PSI power steering pump then the mkiv puts out. Anyone know about that?

So if I swap this....
-Should I worry about the front sway bar?
-Should I worry about swapping the TT front subframe?
-If I swap the subframe, should I even attempt swapping the steering rack?
-Are the TT axles anything special? (solid, beefier, more durable? 100mm or 108mm flanges?)
-Should I buy TT front struts and just in case I want to to run the swaybar its got the attachment points?
-Should my stock TDI axles fit into these hubs, or do I need to swap my hubs and axles?

The whole shooting match!

Last edited: