Touareg first Oil Change

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Hello Guys,

I am looking to do my first oil change on my 2012 Touareg. Do you guys do your own and if so which method do you use ? (Extractor Vs Drain)

Thanks

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Do my own, not difficult, drain. Have done several on our T2, not yet on the T3. If it's similar, get something to divert the flow from the frame. I use a cheap paper plate creased over the frame but others may do different. Also make sure to get a new crush washer and don't overtighten the plug. Good luck.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I always did topside on the passat, very simple and reduces the need to remove belly etc.

I did one on my Tuareg and did the traditional drainplug method. It takes a while longer as the front skid has to be removed. I just pulled the rear panel down instead of removing it.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
I don't recall the details, but if you're thinking of extracting go to ClubTouareg and do some research. Awhile back there was some question as to how effective that method was -- I stopped following so I don't know the outcome. The Treg definitely has a lot more oil and much deeper sump than the Jettas, Passats, etc. we might have driven before.