www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old August 28th, 2017, 11:24   #256
skycrane

got the " fix" done with a Stage 2 and DSG running, with a CP3 upgrade, and baked on soot in tailpipe that Breakcleaner couldnt remove.

Andrew, do you make a filter that replaces the oem 20k crap one? so i dont have 2 filters that need to be replaced?
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:47   #257
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

He doesn't make filters. You don't really have to change the factory filter every 20k miles if you don't want to. I believe the interval for the same filter is more like 60k miles in Europe. And the cimtek filter can easily go 100k miles. It's just catching very minute amounts of very small particles.

Last edited by turbobrick240; August 28th, 2017 at 12:53.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 13:19   #258
skycrane

sorry i meant the filter mounting thingey that you screw the filter into. besides, id rather change the cimtek filter once then the oem one 5 times by audi recomandations....

wasnt andrews kit was built to filter the HPFP when it grenades and shoots out all the metal shards into the rest of the fuel system.

what i was looking for was a cimtek filter and housing to compleatly replace the oem one, that filters down to 2 micron, and is good for over 100k miles. witch is about 18 months the way i drive or every 4 months by audi standards with the oem crap.
Old August 28th, 2017, 15:35   #259
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

Andrews containflow filtering arrangement is plumbed differently than his cp3 polishing filter. Personally, I'd just change the factory filter every 40-60k miles if I drove that much. I've driven all over the country, and the filter and housing always look spotless when I do filter changes.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 14:00   #260
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Fuel Economy: CR - 36-41, PD - 39-48 (26-32 while towing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonLT View Post
Anyone that installs the CP3, post up so we can add to the list and hear about your upgrade!

Here are a couple links to the birth of this upgrade:
Andrew's initial testing and fitment
YukonLT's install and impressions

Looking forward to seeing more of these on the road!
It's not installed at this very minute, but add me to the list. Brian (alphaseinor) has the TB off (decided to change at 90K instead of 120K), and the CP3 will be installed before I leave.

Oh, and for the curious, the car is at maybe 2 dozen miles over 199K. TB was last changed at 110K (also done early). After having my TB take a crap on the Golf (BEW), I'll probably keep it around 90K change intervals, which is about every 4.5 years at the rate I drive.

**EDIT 09-03-17**

The car accelerates a lot quicker. The throttle feels very smooth, almost like a Nissan Leaf or other EV, or a luxury car. It felt scratchy before. Also, I noticed when I floor it, the car still rolls some coal, but it's not a smoke screen like it was prior to the upgrade. All in all, I'm very pleased.
2010 Jetta Sportwagen - Malone DSG tune, Malone Stage 3.5, CR170, buzzken 3" straight pipe(resonator deleted), PolarFIS, Panzer plate, front and rear fogs, Bosal towhitch, Bilstein B8/Neuspeed 28mm swaybar, 2micron CP3 upgrade kit
2004 Golf GLS 5MT -
Malone Stage 4, VNT17, DC Stage 2 clutch, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, MFA cluster swap, dieselgeek Panzer plate and short shifter, Bosal towbar, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Hopkins short-proof trailer light converter, darkside SMIC, intake manifold, and tip pipe, PD150 airbox
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS (mom's car) - Malone Stage 4, VNT17, MFA cluster swap, Panzer Plate, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, darkside SMIC
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI (mom's car) - stock for now...

Other diesels:
Ford 5900 tractor
Ford 3400 Industrial tractor
2016 Mahindra XTV (1L Kohler diesel)

Last edited by pkhoury; September 3rd, 2017 at 10:18.
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 13:30   #261
YukonLT
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkhoury View Post
It's not installed at this very minute, but add me to the list. Brian (alphaseinor) has the TB off (decided to change at 90K instead of 120K), and the CP3 will be installed before I leave.

Oh, and for the curious, the car is at maybe 2 dozen miles over 199K. TB was last changed at 110K (also done early). After having my TB take a crap on the Golf (BEW), I'll probably keep it around 90K change intervals, which is about every 4.5 years at the rate I drive.

**EDIT 09-03-17**

The car accelerates a lot quicker. The throttle feels very smooth, almost like a Nissan Leaf or other EV, or a luxury car. It felt scratchy before. Also, I noticed when I floor it, the car still rolls some coal, but it's not a smoke screen like it was prior to the upgrade. All in all, I'm very pleased.
Added!
Old September 3rd, 2017, 15:48   #262
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonLT View Post
Added!
Sweet, thank you YukonLT. Now I just hope there's interest in the future for Mk7 owners (I know there's already a thread on it for the Mk7, but we all know it's a useless thread).

Some photos of the finished product, along with one of Brian's techs (a fellow BEW owner).

Oh, and this will be going up for sale on here. How quick it sells (if it sells) is anyone's guess.

I have yet to see how fuel economy is. I was in a hurry to get home after the install (we finished up around midnight), so I was doing between 79 and 90. Still got over 34mpg, though.
2010 Jetta Sportwagen - Malone DSG tune, Malone Stage 3.5, CR170, buzzken 3" straight pipe(resonator deleted), PolarFIS, Panzer plate, front and rear fogs, Bosal towhitch, Bilstein B8/Neuspeed 28mm swaybar, 2micron CP3 upgrade kit
2004 Golf GLS 5MT -
Malone Stage 4, VNT17, DC Stage 2 clutch, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, MFA cluster swap, dieselgeek Panzer plate and short shifter, Bosal towbar, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Hopkins short-proof trailer light converter, darkside SMIC, intake manifold, and tip pipe, PD150 airbox
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS (mom's car) - Malone Stage 4, VNT17, MFA cluster swap, Panzer Plate, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, darkside SMIC

Other diesels:
Ford 5900 tractor

Last edited by pkhoury; September 3rd, 2017 at 16:09.
Old September 6th, 2017, 06:19   #263
calimustang
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2011 JSW DSG

Sweet! Congrats! I made 51 mpg at 80 mph with empty car. love it when she is empty.
2011 JSW TDI, 259,600 miles as of 9/6/2017 - had original HPFP to 240k. White with cornsilk beige interior, still on original turbo, DSG, 16" Steelies Wheels, solid metal roof. Mods: CP3, 5% tints all around. P3 gauge, Stage 2 Malone tune and DPF/EGR delete
calimustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:53   #264
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimustang View Post
Sweet! Congrats! I made 51 mpg at 80 mph with empty car. love it when she is empty.
Well, of course you did; you're in Central FL. When I lived in Melbourne Beach a few years ago, it was cakewalk getting over 40mpg, even on 95. Not so much in Texas Hill Country!
2004 Golf GLS 5MT -

Other diesels:
Ford 5900 tractor
Old September 18th, 2017, 05:40   #265
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50+ in mixed driving

There are a few MK7 CP3s running around. I've detailed some of my install in my build thread and here as well. Very simple install with only one small adjustment to the pigtail connector going to the pump needing a trim. I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew has already sourced a different version that solves the issue though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

adjat84th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 06:04   #266
calimustang
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2011 JSW DSG

I wouldn't question that, been in TX and it's kinda hilly. There are some hills in FL, I do sometimes lose few MPGs from that. mostly on I-75 northbound... hate that road. from turnpike intersection into I-75 to Lake City, many hills. Now I no longer cover that area for work, good riddance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkhoury View Post
Well, of course you did; you're in Central FL. When I lived in Melbourne Beach a few years ago, it was cakewalk getting over 40mpg, even on 95. Not so much in Texas Hill Country!
2011 JSW TDI, 259,600 miles as of 9/6/2017 - had original HPFP to 240k. White with cornsilk beige interior, still on original turbo, DSG, 16" Steelies Wheels, solid metal roof. Mods: CP3, 5% tints all around. P3 gauge, Stage 2 Malone tune and DPF/EGR delete
calimustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 05:00   #267
Smartcarper

TDI(s): VW T5 BiTdi

Hi Ecevryone
I am new to CP3 pumps but as an owner of a VW CFCA 2.0 common rail BiTdi engine I am aware that one of my engines biggest drawbacks regarding tuning is the poor volume capacity of the OEM fuel pump.
I would love to fit a high pressure high volume CP3 pump to my engine and have found many for sale from engines as small as 1700cc upto 6500 cc can anyone please point me in the right direction to source the correct pump ( donar car spec year and engine size) I fully understand I need an interface kit for correct installation. TIA
Smartcarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 06:32   #268
2micron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartcarper View Post
Hi Ecevryone
I am new to CP3 pumps but as an owner of a VW CFCA 2.0 common rail BiTdi engine I am aware that one of my engines biggest drawbacks regarding tuning is the poor volume capacity of the OEM fuel pump.
I would love to fit a high pressure high volume CP3 pump to my engine and have found many for sale from engines as small as 1700cc upto 6500 cc can anyone please point me in the right direction to source the correct pump ( donar car spec year and engine size) I fully understand I need an interface kit for correct installation. TIA
I can help you,
Email me,
tdi2micron@yahoo.ca
Thank you,
Andrew
2micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 06:34   #269
ksing44
Veteran Member

Good news for people with the CP3 that want the fix. I got the fix yesterday and the dealer didn't say anything about the CP3 pump and not having an auxiliary pump. The adviser said they looked hard to find anything wrong with my car, but they couldn't find anything and said my car was in great shape. They were also amazed how clean my car was, considering it has over 153,000 miles. I'm a neat nut.

Of course that doesn't settle worries about warranty after the fact, but at least I'll have my check for the fix.
2010 Golf TDI - Blue (BGM), 4-Dr, 6-M, Sunroof, Xenon, Dynaudio, Nav (RNS-510), Euro light switch, 9W7 BT, R Tinted LED Tail Lights, Monte Carlo 17" x 7.5" ET47 Wheels, 235/45/17 Tires, P3Cars Digital Interface, Sonniboy sunshades, CP3 HPFP!

Flickr slideshow
ksing44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 18:36   #270
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksing44 View Post
Good news for people with the CP3 that want the fix. I got the fix yesterday and the dealer didn't say anything about the CP3 pump and not having an auxiliary pump. The adviser said they looked hard to find anything wrong with my car, but they couldn't find anything and said my car was in great shape. They were also amazed how clean my car was, considering it has over 153,000 miles. I'm a neat nut.

Of course that doesn't settle worries about warranty after the fact, but at least I'll have my check for the fix.
That's great to hear!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk