01 tdi turbo over boost/ limp mode

maximus2388

TDI
2001 vw jetta
the names Max new to this club just fixed a recent problem with my 01 Tdi. The car would act normal for about a day then the next time i would start it the turbo would act like it was not working at all could not even hear it which was not normal took it to my mech and he checked my VNT actuator and it was filled with **** looked like rust and some other products.... changed that for 150 bucks and ran the car up the road worked great but turbo was boosting up to 30 and then got to around 60 mph and it went into limp mode again so shut the car off and restarted it same thing happened. It did this a few times until it went into total limp mode nothing was working to get it to come out of it. The exhaust noise was alot louder also. So i got on here did some checking and decided i would start hitting things cuz it seems to work at times. So i heard talk about the N75 solenoid i didnt realize what it actually did. So got back in the car drove for a few miles turbo was barely getting to about 5 psi so i shut the car off took my pliers and tapped on the N75 and it released alot of pressure got in the car drove great for about 5 miles never went back into limp mode thought i had it all fixed then all of a sudden it over boosted so took some fluid film sprayed it in the N75 and problem fixed!!!!! hope this helps some one out before they think they need to replace their turbo as i was told many times....