www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old February 13th, 2013, 07:39   #61
mldouthi

TDI(s): Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorc View Post
Is there a website or URL to go with this photo ?

Thats my rabbit. Here is the build thread,

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Stanced-Rabbit
mldouthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 19:34   #62
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45 mpgs

I am about to put my Exxor wheels on with 215/55/17 tires. The backspacing on the wheels is et38. I'm hoping no spacers will be needed? Did you have any rubbing with full turn on your front wheels with the 70 series 205 tires? Thanks
Old February 20th, 2013, 01:01   #63
SomeJ
Veteran Member

I have been googling around and am able to find what appears to be OEM Tiguan springs, however they always have them listed with different colored dots. Does anyone know how to translate the color codes? Im sure it has to do with stiffness. Just need to know what to look for off a standard non sport Tig.

If i can find a set of these non sport springs with shocks, I will so put them on this spring with my new larger tires.

J
SomeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:43   #64
Veteran Member

If you got the cash the Tiguans are nice but I bought moog springs that are made in the USA and lifted the front and rear an inch. Do a search for moog springs. I've had them for two years and they worked out nice. I even put 10mm spacers in the front also.
Old February 21st, 2013, 21:28   #65
disco biscuit

I have a distinct intrest in this thread. My '10 Jetta DSG is geared way to low. In Texas the speed limit is 75 everywhere now. Which really means 85...I was agressively boxed in after work by a mid sixty year old couple in a full size van with a rascal in the back doin around 93mph. Serious business.

I desperately need to fit a 275/45/20 to get the rpms right fer this s***!! Thats an exaggeration. I havaent done the math totally but I know I run close to 3k rpm doin 80. For me in a diesel that final gear ratio/rpm in a six speed is annoying.

Point is. Different situations require different things. I need this to get my rpm right and correct this at least some. I'll prolly try the spacer route..not much just enough to clear whatever tire I need. I think as long as the rims and wheel wells are proportioned correct it can look as good as anything else.

Im not all looking for the red rabbit look up there. I understand how someone would need it but I got the 04 disco for all that biz. That rabbit really does look intresting. Is it a AWD outta something?
Old February 26th, 2013, 23:50   #66
SomeJ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldouthi View Post
Thats my rabbit. Here is the build thread,

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Stanced-Rabbit

muldouthi, I followed your vortex thread for quite a while. Actually have read through the whole thing several times... You mentioned that you tried some tig springs and they were really stiff but did give you a nice bump in height. The one thing that confused me was if that was on your rabbit or a JSW? It almost sounded like it was your wife's JSW? Do you still run those springs, and what was the color codes? After this bout of snow we have had lately, I am seriously looking to get a tig spring and stock setup here in the next month or so to be ready for when I go to replace my tires at the same time. It's just really hard getting much info on the parts used for those who have put the tig hardware in a JSW. I have a PM out to someone over on vortex who did exactly what I am looking to do, just waiting to see if he responds. (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-JSW-TDI-LOVE!)

If anyone else has any info on a good tig spring/shock setup that is not sport... There are a few threads on vortex stating that the tig suspension is pretty much fully interchangeable both forwards and backwards with the jsw and golf (mkvi). The trick for our setup seems to be getting the proper stiffness.

Thanks for any info you are able to provide!
J
Old March 11th, 2013, 13:51   #67
mldouthi

TDI(s): Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52172 View Post
I am about to put my Exxor wheels on with 215/55/17 tires. The backspacing on the wheels is et38. I'm hoping no spacers will be needed? Did you have any rubbing with full turn on your front wheels with the 70 series 205 tires? Thanks
I did not rub at all with 1in spacers and these tires on stock steel wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJ View Post
muldouthi, I followed your vortex thread for quite a while. Actually have read through the whole thing several times... You mentioned that you tried some tig springs and they were really stiff but did give you a nice bump in height. The one thing that confused me was if that was on your rabbit or a JSW? It almost sounded like it was your wife's JSW? Do you still run those springs, and what was the color codes? After this bout of snow we have had lately, I am seriously looking to get a tig spring and stock setup here in the next month or so to be ready for when I go to replace my tires at the same time. It's just really hard getting much info on the parts used for those who have put the tig hardware in a JSW. I have a PM out to someone over on vortex who did exactly what I am looking to do, just waiting to see if he responds. (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-JSW-TDI-LOVE!)

If anyone else has any info on a good tig spring/shock setup that is not sport... There are a few threads on vortex stating that the tig suspension is pretty much fully interchangeable both forwards and backwards with the jsw and golf (mkvi). The trick for our setup seems to be getting the proper stiffness.

Thanks for any info you are able to provide!
J
I used the tig springs on my golf (gf has an allroad), they were from a 2.0t tig, the picture below shows the dots on the rear springs. I dont recall what the front ones were, sorry. The suspension is pretty stiff until I put over 200 or so pounds in the back then it rides a little nicer, but still has a "sporty" feel.
mldouthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:35   #68
Masterpersonal

TDI(s): 2012 JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52172 View Post
If you got the cash the Tiguans are nice but I bought moog springs that are made in the USA and lifted the front and rear an inch. Do a search for moog springs. I've had them for two years and they worked out nice. I even put 10mm spacers in the front also.
can you reference part numbers for the springs and spacers?
Masterpersonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:44   #69
Veteran Member

You get them from rock auto.com. Just put your vehicle in and put 6cylinder. The spacers are factory Vw parts you can get from bora parts or idparts just call them.
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:30   #70
Masterpersonal

A 6 cylinder what???
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:45   #71
Masterpersonal

called idparts, and they were no help. 52172, also realize that you are posting in the mk6-A6 forum.
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:07   #72
Veteran Member

Sorry I thought we were dealing with mk4's. moog may still have a spring for the mk6 through rock auto. All of their springs I believe raise the vehicles a but cause they are kind of a universal spring so the are a heavy duty spring. See if they list a moog spring for the mk6?
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:55   #73
Masterpersonal

There are 6 front springs for the Tiguan alone, depending on vehicle configuration. Nothing universal about it.
Old April 15th, 2013, 15:29   #74
TDI in MT
Veteran Member

Metalnerd.com has lift kits for the Golf. My '03 Golf had the 2" kit put on by the previous owner. It also had tires one size taller and one size wider than stock. Only rubbing I heard was when backing up while turning hard either way.

The previous owner had a 500' long dirt driveway and the area usually got a lot of snow. I suspect those reasons are why the lift kit was installed. I do like the higher car body because it makes it easier to get in to (I'm 6'1") but I'm not sure I would have done it. My driveway is 20' long and concrete.
TDI in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 15:47   #75
SomeJ
Veteran Member

I put a ping out to someone at 1stvwparts.com using the vin from a 2011 Tiguan S 4motion.

Here is what I got back for parts# and prices:
Quote:
5N0-411-105-S $100.28ea (front springs)
5N0-413-031-AK $112.00ea (front shocks)
3C0-511-115-AE $103.21ea (rear springs)
5N0-513-049-AB $103.94 (rear shocks)

Total in parts $838.86. Shipping would be around $40-$50 due to the weight.
It is a little steep in price for me right now, but hoping try this later this summer. If someone else tries it before I can, be sure to post some results

J