www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old June 9th, 2010, 17:40   #31
golfwagon10

Is there a way to enable the AUX socket in the cargo to be powered all the time?

Currently it only has power when the ignition is on.
golfwagon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 19:03   #32
Parva

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwagon10
Is there a way to enable the AUX socket in the cargo to be powered all the time?
Sure would like to know how...
I'd love to do the same.
Parva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:53   #33
vw_leadfoot
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~6.4L/100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parva
Sure would like to know how...
I'd love to do the same.
Yeah that is strange.....it was this way on the Passat but not the Golf Wagen....hmmmmmm....would like to keep the fan on for my dogs sometimes.....but do you honestly think this would be a VCDS think or a wiring thing?
2010 Golf TDI SportWagen|2.0L DSG|Highline Trim Level|Deep Black Pearl|Black Leather|Pano-roof|Fog lights|Eibach Pro-Kit|H&R 24mm RSB|OEM Cargo Partition|BlackVue DR500GW-HD|SS Bumper Protector|SS Tips|SS Pedals|Aspherical Mirrors|Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 35F/15R|Chrome Rear Accent Strip|WeatherTech Digital Fit mats|Armadillo Skid Plate|Westfalia Euro Hitch with Custom Harness|17" Porto's - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus|16" Bioline's - Michelin X-Ice Xi2
vw_leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:30   #34
julesjetta
Veteran Member

I find you can not just tap the horn for a short horn burst on the 2010JSW. You need to press for a few seconds, and then you get a 1 second burst. Can vagcom change this?
2005 Passat GLS TDI Upsolute, A Mirrors
2010 Golf Wagon TDI
julesjetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 16:46   #35
WVU TDI
Veteran Member

Got my hex-can cable in today, time to go play!
2013 Passat TDI SE, 6M -- turbo failed at 9500 miles.
WVU TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 19:32   #36
Arne in Oregon
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '10 Golf MT6
Fuel Economy: 41+ MPG lifetime average so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesjetta View Post
I find you can not just tap the horn for a short horn burst on the 2010JSW. You need to press for a few seconds, and then you get a 1 second burst. Can vagcom change this?
"A few seconds" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but there is a noticeable delay before the horn starts in my Golf as well. I would be a bit surprised if you could reduce or eliminate the delay with VCDS, but who knows?
VCDS - No DRLs, no seatbelt chime, no horn on lock, windows/sunroof open/close w/remote

Arne in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 18:30   #37
fast16

Fuel Economy: n/a

i took my jetta to a guy near my home who had vag-com and we got everything done except for the coming home/leaving home feature i really couldnt figure out how to enable that feature.... enough said does anyone have the codes you have to enter too enable that feature or do u have too have the euro switch?
fast16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 17:56   #38
OldManWinter
Veteran Member

Is there a way to turn off the key in ignition beeping? I like to play music from the car with all the doors, hatch and sun roof open but I have to have the driver door closed to avoid the beeping.

Last edited by OldManWinter; August 9th, 2010 at 10:33.
OldManWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 18:30   #39
Pelican18TQA4
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
Is there a way to turn off the key in ignition beeping? I like to play music from teh car with all the doors, hatch and sun roof open but I have to have the driver door closed to avoid the beeping.
Take the key out and then press the power button on the radio it will stay on for I believe 1 hour, at which time you can press the power button and get another hour of listening.
"I interviewed the late Steve Yokich, then UAW president, almost ten years ago. When I suggested that Detriot might be putting too many eggs in one basket with its utter devotion to SUVs at the expense of passenger car development and asked if the union might take a position in favor of more economical cars, he started screaming at me." -Jamie Kitman, Automobile
Pelican18TQA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:35   #40
OldManWinter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican18TQA4 View Post
Take the key out and then press the power button on the radio it will stay on for I believe 1 hour, at which time you can press the power button and get another hour of listening.
Cool thanks, I'll have to try that!
edit:
Yup that worked great, thanks so much!

Last edited by OldManWinter; August 17th, 2010 at 17:38.
OldManWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:14   #41
sudseh
Veteran Member

Question about the Comfort turn signals.
I changed the coding through vcds so that they blink five times, but they still only blink three times.
Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a solution?
Thanks in advance~
Old September 8th, 2010, 22:40   #42
TDIinMA
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 41.4

I was prompted to update VCDS to 10.6.1. Has this been out for a while? Anyone see any new tweaks?

Also, does anyone know how to adjust the Km/h MFD (MFI) display in the "GB" country mode to M/h?
TDIinMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 18:53   #43
MacBuckeye
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2009 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 40 avrg, 46.5 best

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwagon10 View Post
Our Chrysler TC had constant power ports for electronics. Would LOVE to have either the cig. adapter or 110 volt socket always "hot" when the car isn't running. Makes for great phone/ipod charging.

BTW, why doesn't the the iPod jack recharge the ipod? My iPod always run down and dies after about 2-3 days. I have the factory Ipod jack installed between the seats (in the arm rest). It's supposed to provide power, right?
Old October 4th, 2010, 06:08   #44
numl0ck
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBuckeye View Post
BTW, why doesn't the the iPod jack recharge the ipod? My iPod always run down and dies after about 2-3 days. I have the factory Ipod jack installed between the seats (in the arm rest). It's supposed to provide power, right?
It does, but only when the car is running. Mine does the same thing, and others have reported the same. The iPod interface is so bad, that I've basically given up and stream music via Bluetooth from my iPhone.
Old October 7th, 2010, 20:30   #45
MonsterTDI09
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by numl0ck View Post
It does, but only when the car is running. Mine does the same thing, and others have reported the same. The iPod interface is so bad, that I've basically given up and stream music via Bluetooth from my iPhone.

I have no problem with the interface comes up on the radio and the MFT.I have RCD-510

Last edited by MonsterTDI09; October 7th, 2010 at 20:33.
MonsterTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote