www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old January 26th, 2010, 09:34   #61
Damn True
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by danham
My window sticker, under Comfort/Convenience, says "Bluetooth mobile telephone connectivity."

-dan
Which is identical to the verbiage on the TDI Jetta Sedan which DOES have the full-featured bluetooth.

Hell, the manual even identifies the voice activation button as such and provides instructions for the voice activiation setup despite the lack of those features on the car.
Damn True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:02   #62
lordscarlet

I see nothing incorrect about the statement "Bluetooth mobile telephone connectivity." The 9w2 does, in fact, connect to a mobile telephone. It allows you to have conversations on a mobile telephone. Nowhere does it say "voice dialing" or "integrated phonebook" or anything similar.

People in this thread are just getting too angry over something they wanted and assumed (for no reason) would be available. There is no legal standing and all of the grand standing about suing VWoA is laughable.
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:07   #63
Damn True
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet
I see nothing incorrect about the statement "Bluetooth mobile telephone connectivity." The 9w2 does, in fact, connect to a mobile telephone. It allows you to have conversations on a mobile telephone. Nowhere does it say "voice dialing" or "integrated phonebook" or anything similar.

People in this thread are just getting too angry over something they wanted and assumed (for no reason) would be available. There is no legal standing and all of the grand standing about suing VWoA is laughable.
You'll find no mention of litigation in my commentary.

I had a number of reasons to assume that the features in question were present.

The verbiage used to describe the two systems on the stickers is identical, leading one to believe the performance of the systems in each car is identical.

The text in the manuals indicate that the systems are identical, leading one to believe the performance of the systems in each car is identical.

The description provided by the "trained" sales staff is identical, leading one to believe the performance of the systems in each car is identical.

Given the above, I think it is more than reasonable to expect the systems to perform as described. They dont.

Now if you are not upset by that, fine. I am. I intend to see to it that VW-NA provides the feature set that I was led to believe was in the car.
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:10   #64
danham
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2010 JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True
Which is identical to the verbiage on the TDI Jetta Sedan which DOES have the full-featured bluetooth.

Hell, the manual even identifies the voice activation button as such and provides instructions for the voice activiation setup despite the lack of those features on the car.
There is a ton of stuff in VW and Audi manuals that is not installed on all models, and they plague us with footnotes every other page reminding us of that [g], so just a friendly suggestion that you will want to omit this from your list of reasons when you approach VOA.

-dan
Previous rides: '06 Audi A3 2.0T (traded for JSW); '98 Audi A4 1.8TQ chipped; '92 Corrado VR6; '90 Corrado G-60; '87 GTI 16v; '83 GTI; '77 Diesel Rabbit; '71 Porsche 914-4; '67 Volvo 122S; '66 Porsche 912.
danham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:46   #65
lordscarlet

As danham noted, the manual notes where items may not be in your car. The verbiage, to me, merely states that both have bluetooth. To me, you are the one that read too much into it.

For the record, you have not mentioned litigation, but others have. You did say, however, that "I intend to see to it that VW-NA provides the feature set that I was led to believe was in the car." I'm still not sure how you were "lead to believe" that your bluetooth would have voice dialing. The sticker says it has bluetooth connectivity. The manual (which I doubt you saw before you bought your car, but correct me if I'm wrong) says that SOME models have voice dialing. Did the salesman say "the JSW has voice dialing" or any of the other features that the 9w2 does not?

Just because someone says that a car with 9w2 and 9w3 both have bluetooth connectivity there's no reason for you to jump to the conclusion that that connectivity is the same. I fail to see where a reasonable person would make that conclusion.
Old January 26th, 2010, 21:49   #66
Peytron
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '10 Jetta

I have a 2010 Jetta TDI sedan. I cannot figure out how to use the bluetooth at all. There is nothing in the manual that even mentions bluetooth.

Are there specific instructions somewhere out there? I don't want to do anything fancy, just receive calls on the go.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated. Thanks.
Peytron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:31   #67
danham
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2010 JSW

Do Canadian vehicles get different manuals? The manuals in my car have lots of info on BT - many pages of it - some of which even applies to my model [g].

-dan
Previous rides: '06 Audi A3 2.0T (traded for JSW); '98 Audi A4 1.8TQ chipped; '92 Corrado VR6; '90 Corrado G-60; '87 GTI 16v; '83 GTI; '77 Diesel Rabbit; '71 Porsche 914-4; '67 Volvo 122S; '66 Porsche 912.
danham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:13   #68
Damn True
Veteran Member

From "myturbodiesel.com"

Quote:
Canadian wagons do not get any bluetooth in any trim. Even though the spec sheet says so, Canadians have taken delivery of their wagons and the cars are only prewired for bluetooth. Because of the number of complaints VW Canada will negotiate down the price for adding the bluetooth module to make it work.
Old January 27th, 2010, 15:17   #69
lordscarlet

That really doesn't have anything to do with the advertising for the US version.
Old January 27th, 2010, 15:22   #70
Damn True
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet
That really doesn't have anything to do with the advertising for the US version.
No kidding? Thanks.

I was providing a datapoint relative to the inquiry above regarding a canadian buyer. I don't know if the differences between Canadian wagons and sedans and US wagons and sedans are consistant. Do you?
Old January 29th, 2010, 14:23   #71
Gowens

I don't know what i am doing here, but i want to post about my new Bluetooth. I ordered a 1Z0-035-729C from the Poland company that is on E-Bay. Not everything he said it was. Ad said it was Plug&play.I sent him a message about my car and he replied that everything would work. Easy to install, plugs right up. White-Dot MFD booted right up with Phone menu, RNS-510 nav came up with phone menus, voice control from micro button does not. I complained and he said it had to be recoded with the last to numbers changed to "77". I am not entirely unhappy because everything else works. i don't have ability to recode. I paid $310 + $50 shipping. Part he sent was made in Germany and labeled as 1Z0-035-729E, he said this better than C. It took 12 days Parcel Post to get here. I only joined this Forum so i could put out this info, hope it helps someone. The passcode on the cellphone bluetooth is "1234". More info. I was looking on VWvortex Forum, a guy bought a 1Z0-035-727C from the VW Dealer above Charlotte N.C that sells VW parts at 15% above cost. He posted pictures of the part and it looked identical to the one a bought from E-Bay.

Last edited by Gowens; January 30th, 2010 at 10:49.
Gowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 10:11   #72
TXRanger83
Veteran Member

I just changed the coding on my car via VCDS and it worked perfectly...I didn't really play with it long, because its 20 degrees outside. I have a 2010 Jetta Sedan, and here is the part number for my phone: 1Z0 035 729 C and I used the code:0000477.

I didn't get a chance to see if I can now stream audio via bluetooth, but I did try a voice command "dial steve" and it prompted me telling me there was no phone book, is this because I jut have the RCD-510 and not the RNS-510? other then that it worked great, it showed my my address book, missed calls, and dialed calls...it also now has a caller id function with an accept or reject call.

Last edited by TXRanger83; January 30th, 2010 at 10:13.
TXRanger83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:11   #73
Gowens

Your voice commands should work from your cell phone address book, the RCD-510 radio has nothing to do with it. It takes a few minutes from the time you hook up the module for it to sync up with your cell phone. I am assuming you re-synced your cell phone with bluetooth after you changed modules. My re-synced cell phone code was "1234". Not sure since you only recoded your same module, whether you have to re-sync your cell phone or not.

Last edited by Gowens; January 30th, 2010 at 11:18.
Gowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:29   #74
Pelican18TQA4
Veteran Member

The BT module has its own internal phone book for voice commands. If you don't store any names and numbers, it won't dial any. It does not use the phone's voice commands. iPinch (Jay) has a video detailing the procedure, but I think the voice command is something like "store number" after it asks you for a command.
"I interviewed the late Steve Yokich, then UAW president, almost ten years ago. When I suggested that Detriot might be putting too many eggs in one basket with its utter devotion to SUVs at the expense of passenger car development and asked if the union might take a position in favor of more economical cars, he started screaming at me." -Jamie Kitman, Automobile
Pelican18TQA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:44   #75
Starbucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican18TQA4
The BT module has its own internal phone book for voice commands. If you don't store any names and numbers, it won't dial any. It does not use the phone's voice commands. iPinch (Jay) has a video detailing the procedure, but I think the voice command is something like "store number" after it asks you for a command.
+1

They are totally separate systems. The VW voice dialing is not accessing your phone at all. You need to speak in all of your contacts to the VW system. Afterward, you can voice dial and it actually works well. The BT PHONE menu is useful for seeing caller ID mostly.