www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old December 11th, 2009, 10:40   #16
Starbucker

I've got a friend who does it for a small fee. PM me if you want it done, takes less than 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcrna1
Starbucker

Where did you get this re-coding done? I, too, live in the Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR area?

Thanks
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:01   #17
jeremy1701

Hi. I just got my 2010 Jetta Sedan TDI on Friday. I'd really like to enable the phone menu on the MFI. I'm in Kenosha, WI (Just north of Chicago). Gurnee VW is very reluctant to to do this, and most likely won't. Racine VW may do it for me, but won't know for a few more days. Anyone with a VAG Com willing to help out? Please PM me!
jeremy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:14   #18
dzcad90
Rolex & gin

If you wanted to drive to Joliet, I'd do it for you. Takes 5 minutes. Send me a PM if interested.
'09 Jetta TDI Sedan - Sold!
'14 Passat TDI SEL - Blue / Black Leather

VCDS Available in Chicagoland - trbodsl@gmail.com
dzcad90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 20:37   #19
vdubJettaTDI_2010

Starbucker,

Well either I find someone in Southeast Georgia with a VAG-COM or have a great road trip to the Pacific Northwest. Which could be quite fun. It would be nice to turn on the phone book.
Oh, the part number for the radio, where is that displayed? or do you need a device to read it, with out ripping out the dash board?

thanks
'97 Jetta GLS (gone)
'84- 300TD - 28 mpg's -275K miles before it died
vdubJettaTDI_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 21:27   #20
Starbucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubJettaTDI_2010
Starbucker,
Well either I find someone in Southeast Georgia with a VAG-COM or have a great road trip to the Pacific Northwest. Which could be quite fun. It would be nice to turn on the phone book.
Oh, the part number for the radio, where is that displayed? or do you need a device to read it, with out ripping out the dash board?
thanks
You need VAGCOM to get the part number the easy way Check the link at the top of the board (VAGCOM List) for others who may have a VAGCOM in your area.
Old December 17th, 2009, 13:40   #21
vdubJettaTDI_2010

Default Starbucker

That's for pointing out that link on the webpage. Didn't open. I'll try later, hopefully just networking issues on the site.

take care & thanks.
'97 Jetta GLS (gone)
'84- 300TD - 28 mpg's -275K miles before it died
vdubJettaTDI_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 16:05   #22
10TDI

Posted this in my thread, but it fits here as well.

Just had a really great experience with the service department. Originally scheduled the appointment because my steering wheel was slightly to the left and I thought my alignment was off. When I went in, I had printed out the instructions on how to reprogram the car's computer so that it would show the phone menu in the MFD. They said they'd do it for no charge, and afterwards they thanked me for bringing that information in because VW wouldn't tell them how to fix the issue and they've had a number of new customers complaining about it. So they said they don't usually do alignments and all that before 1000 miles on the car, but they went ahead and did it anyways because I had brought that info to light.

I think it's pretty amusing that the guys here at TDIClub.com know more about reprogramming the car's computer than the guys at the dealerships.

Also I would like to say that if you live in the Denver area, check out Lithia Volkswagen on 104th. They have some great people all around and are willing to flash the bluetooth fix on 9w3 modules for free!
10TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 20:45   #23
boska

Thanks so much for this! I took delivery of my 2010 JSW on Friday. I've been going crazy figuring out how to access the elusive Telephone menu as illustrated in the Premium Bluetooth pamphlet included in my owner's manual packet. I'm not leaving the dealership tomorrow until it is activated.
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:18   #24
Starbucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boska
Thanks so much for this! I took delivery of my 2010 JSW on Friday. I've been going crazy figuring out how to access the elusive Telephone menu as illustrated in the Premium Bluetooth pamphlet included in my owner's manual packet. I'm not leaving the dealership tomorrow until it is activated.
As a quick word of warning, the 2010 SW's seem to come with the 9w2 BT modules, which means that you won't be able to activate it unless you install a new BT module (9w3). Does your SW have the voice activated function when you push the mic button on the left side of the steering wheel? That's typically a quick indiator if you have 9W3. Best of luck.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:02   #25
ekkoh99
Veteran Member

I cant figure this out. 2009 JSW TDI do NOT have steering wheel controls. I have the basic radio (6 CD changer)

What are my options for blue tooth?

Someone who has done this, please comment.
Old December 21st, 2009, 14:54   #26
dzcad90
Rolex & gin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoh99
I cant figure this out. 2009 JSW TDI do NOT have steering wheel controls. I have the basic radio (6 CD changer)

What are my options for blue tooth?

Someone who has done this, please comment.
'09 JSW is covered in the FAQ.

You need to either retrofit the MFSW or the RNS-510 to get factory Bluetooth to work. There is also an overhead console option that has bluetooth buttons, however I don't know much about it.

At this point, you can either shell out for Navi or an MFSW retrofit, however you might do just as well getting an aftermarket unit.
'09 Jetta TDI Sedan - Sold!
'14 Passat TDI SEL - Blue / Black Leather

VCDS Available in Chicagoland - trbodsl@gmail.com
dzcad90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 16:21   #27
ekkoh99
Veteran Member

What aftermarket unit do yo know about? Will it work with the MFD and control stalk?
Old December 21st, 2009, 22:27   #28
boska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucker
As a quick word of warning, the 2010 SW's seem to come with the 9w2 BT modules, which means that you won't be able to activate it unless you install a new BT module (9w3).
Went to the service dept. today, confirmed I have a 9w2. The service manager made a good-faith effort to figure it out, I think there may have been some trial unit swapping going on.

I'm a tad disappointed mostly because I'm coming from 2001 SAAB 9-3 Convertible which was pretty sparse gadget-wise. I was looking forward to coming into the aughts. Not that big of a deal since I don't make many calls while driving. At least the Bluetooth connectivity works well and sound quality is clear.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:28   #29
740GLE
Veteran Member

how was your guys experence with 2010 sedan non nav radio and syncing phonebooks? Last night i vagcom the coding to allow mfd display, worked like a charm. But it won't transfer my contacts of my phonebook over to the mfd. I see recent and last calls, but can't surf through the phonebook.

I have an LG Chocolate Touch and when I tried sending my contacts via bluetooth (i updated the bluetooth id so it reconnizes it now as skoda) it says I need to disconnect from the bluetooth device, like it can't send it over. I remember someone else having troubles with it.

Thanks

Last edited by 740GLE; December 23rd, 2009 at 06:40.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:53   #30
jeremy1701

I have a 2010 Sedan and dzcad enabled the phone menu on the MFI for me. My iPhone 3GS synced perfectly; recent, contacts, missed all came up. I edited an entry and the next time it paired, the edit was synced. I turned off the missed and recents and they also synced (where gone) the next time I paired.