www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old September 18th, 2017, 14:34   #46
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2017 to end of April 2018

I have all manuals, but cannot get at them right now. As soon as I can I will check and see what it says. I wonder if they just might have used the previous intervals and not have changed the numbers for the 2015's.

Jetta_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 18:20   #47
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Fuel Economy: CR - 36-41, PD - 39-48 (26-32 while towing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
FYI CBEA is the '09 one year engine code before the CJAA in the 2010-2014 Jettas/Golfs.
My mistake. That's what I get for posting in the wee hours of the morning. I meant to say EA288. I honestly didn't know the engine code offhand.
2010 Jetta Sportwagen - Malone DSG tune, Malone Stage 3.5, CR170, buzzken 3" straight pipe(resonator deleted), PolarFIS, Panzer plate, front and rear fogs, Bosal towhitch, Bilstein B8/Neuspeed 28mm swaybar, 2micron CP3 upgrade kit
2004 Golf GLS 5MT -
Malone Stage 4, VNT17, DC Stage 2 clutch, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, MFA cluster swap, dieselgeek Panzer plate and short shifter, Bosal towbar, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Hopkins short-proof trailer light converter, darkside SMIC, intake manifold, and tip pipe, PD150 airbox
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS (mom's car) - Malone Stage 4, VNT17, MFA cluster swap, Panzer Plate, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, darkside SMIC
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI (mom's car) - stock for now...

Other diesels:
Ford 5900 tractor
Ford 3400 Industrial tractor
2016 Mahindra XTV (1L Kohler diesel)
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 18:23   #48
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Fuel Economy: CR - 36-41, PD - 39-48 (26-32 while towing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
It is definitely its own engine for sure, but it is closer to the CKRA than the CBEA/CJAA, even though that really does not say much. The CKRA and CBEA/CJAA are very different from each other, too.

Sad that they are all (here) kind of orphans now. The ALH had the longest run, and that was only six years from the oldest to the newest, and that was not even in all the models in the first year.

Volkswagen has really screwed this market on diesels bad over the years, and now screwed themselves AND us even worse.
With the irony that everyone cheated, but VW got caught (first, anyways).

The stealership claims that VW will produce this platform again in the future. Any comments on that? I personally doubt it, although I was astounded at getting 46.5mpg average, even when most of my commute today was between 80 and 90mph (150-ish miles overall). A few annoyances over the Mk6, but all in all, it seems like a great vehicle/platform.
2010 Jetta Sportwagen - Malone DSG tune, Malone Stage 3.5, CR170, buzzken 3" straight pipe(resonator deleted), PolarFIS, Panzer plate, front and rear fogs, Bosal towhitch, Bilstein B8/Neuspeed 28mm swaybar, 2micron CP3 upgrade kit
2004 Golf GLS 5MT -
Malone Stage 4, VNT17, DC Stage 2 clutch, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, MFA cluster swap, dieselgeek Panzer plate and short shifter, Bosal towbar, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Hopkins short-proof trailer light converter, darkside SMIC, intake manifold, and tip pipe, PD150 airbox
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS (mom's car) - Malone Stage 4, VNT17, MFA cluster swap, Panzer Plate, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, darkside SMIC
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI (mom's car) - stock for now...

Other diesels:
Ford 5900 tractor
Ford 3400 Industrial tractor
2016 Mahindra XTV (1L Kohler diesel)
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 19:50   #49
paperthin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 15 A3 TDI

Quote:
The CBEA was also used in the Audi A3, all years sold here.
My 2015 A3 TDI is CRUA. I am in Canada and I am not sure if that makes a difference.

I checked my manual and it clearly states changing belt at 205k kms. I can post a pic if required. I come to this forum for my A3 because it is a twin of the golf.
Old September 19th, 2017, 03:54   #50
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Sorry, yes up until the non-Sportback A3, which I assume is the same for Canada. They didn't call the hatch version of the A3 the Sportback here either, since that was the only version they sold here.
Old September 19th, 2017, 05:04   #51
740GLE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Except that it would be against Federal law, and then would most likely get quagmired in litigation and who knows what else. You can legally do swaps if the engine being used was offered in that model car. Otherwise, you may run into issues with inspections, licensing, insuring, selling, etc. And just because your area does not have some sort of inspection now, doesn't mean it won't in the future. That happened where I live.

Understood what you're saying and it would be a slipper endeavor but a man can dream can't he?

Also DPF deletes are against federal law as well where's your live free or die mentality?
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 05:45   #52
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Oh trust me, if it were up to me.... LOL.

I just felt the need to say that, so anyone who was contemplating something like this knew going in.

We had some clown here once, that for reasons I could never comprehend, took out a 4.6L V8 from his 2000ish Mustang, and put some giant stone age iron beast with a carburetor on it in its place. And expected it to pass inspection.