EricWoods

TDI
99 JETTA TDI
TDI into Chevy S10

Hi Everyone,
1 - sorry i have not been on the forum recently
2- No i havent got the project finished yet
i have had little time for the project in the last 6 months heres an update

i now have the engine mounted to a Toyota 5 speed transmission using an Acme kit it is actually in the truck on front mounts i have modified the gearbox crossmember so it is firmly in place, i got a new driveshaft made using a toyota yoke at the front & a chevy flange on the rear,i have a new intercooler mounted in front of the radiator still have to do some of the plumbing on it, i got an exhaust manifold & turbo setup sent from N Ireland it came off a 1999 Audi A6 1.9 TDI, this give me enough room for the Toyota starter motor, i am slowly getting to the point where i will need some serious help on the wiring,i do have the TDI Throttle pedal mounted in the Chevy, hopefully i will get a bit closer to that soon,
i do intend to put a few pics on whenever i get around to it

tigers2007

Veteran Member
TDI
'97 Passat TDI Sedan (B4)
Eric, any updates on your epic project? So far from reading this is that the GM heads are better off dropping a TDI/Toyota trans into the S10.

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
I am actually making an adapter to bolt up the TDI to the 4L60E with small block chevy bolt pattern. I am also making an adapter from TDI crank to the 168T flexplate. It uses an aftermarket high torque SBC chev starter. I have adjusted the install angle of the engine to straight vertical, not slanted 20deg., some of you may or may not like that design change. I like the easy access it makes on the turbo side. I actually have the files done in Inventor and just got pricing back for CNC production of a one off. If anybody wants to go in on one with me with a set, let me know and we can split the cost (it will save me some money too because it costs less/part to do more than one.;) I am looking at installing the USshift transmission controller this afternoon as well. It seems to be a good option to use with custom programing an toggle control of two modes. Dropping this setup in my 2007 Canyon (2011 CR, custom turbo & ECU).

tigers2007

Veteran Member
TDI
'97 Passat TDI Sedan (B4)
Wow this sounds excellent. I wonder what the price breakdown would be if several of us got in on this?

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
Wow this sounds excellent. I wonder what the price breakdown would be if several of us got in on this?
If anybody becomes serious about this then I will find out. I just spoke to the shop, and as it sits, the motor/bell housing adapter is $700 for a one off (Hydrojet cut and cnc milled). I am scheduled to have it made next Wednesday. I will have the crank adapter shortly after.

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
My adapter plate is done. it fits perfect. :D I installed a USSHift controller yesterday and working on tuning it. Running my truck on it now. I like it. Will do the FMIC intercooler in two weeks. Once I have all this stuff settled going to do a quick one week install. I will start a thread in a two months and show pics. too busy right now.

kwalsh24

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf 2dr (SOLD), 09 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Any updates TDIsyncro? I have a 05 canyon that im thinking about swapping it's inline5 for a 1.9 brm from my parts car (06 jetta with a junk tranny) and would love to do the swap as the canyon is the right size truck for my needs but dislike the gas idea after driving diesels for 10 years.

Last edited: