12th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2019 - the FINAL Winterfest!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Walking with a cane.....just don’t see myself walking Cobo for 6 hours......Sad because because show is looking good this year.....

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
We will miss you Tomo, but I think this is the the year to miss if you had to miss one. There are really no other German car manufacturers showing up. Unless, I'm missing them on the floor plan, the following are not going to be there: BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi.

The exotics & ultra luxury have been dwindling for the last few years too and I don't see any of them showing up either. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce. Bugatti, Bentley, Maybach, etc.

No Tesla either...

It's really the big 3, VW, Korean, & Japanese car manufacturers that are showing.

I wonder if that will change in 2020. Hopefully, they can lure everyone back to Detroit.

https://naias.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Public-Floor-Plan.pdf

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
We will be stopping for breakfast tomorrow morning at 7:30am. At Bob Evans’s in Brezzwood Pa.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
We will miss you Tomo, but I think this is the the year to miss if you had to miss one. There are really no other German car manufacturers showing up. Unless, I'm missing them on the floor plan, the following are not going to be there: BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi.
The exotics & ultra luxury have been dwindling for the last few years too and I don't see any of them showing up either. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce. Bugatti, Bentley, Maybach, etc.
No Tesla either...
It's really the big 3, VW, Korean, & Japanese car manufacturers that are showing.
I wonder if that will change in 2020. Hopefully, they can lure everyone back to Detroit.
https://naias.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Public-Floor-Plan.pdf
Wow that and the l lousy weather almost glad I am staying home! Missing the Bomber is Depressing though.....

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It would seem the Chicago show will be the one to attend in coming years, unless the change of date somehow reinvigorates the brands' presence in Detroit.

I'll be going down to the one in STL next week, but it isn't nearly as big... they do generally have all the major brands represented though. I really want to listen to the oral diarrhea the Toyota people are going to spout over their new Circle-T labeled BMW they are calling a Supra. :rolleyes:

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Clearly you should buy the 4-cylinder, and then swap in a 2JZ. :rolleyes:

(That's actually what the chief engineer on it said to do.)

oilhammer

TDI
I know, it's nuts. No idea what happened to Toyota... they used to have some really neat stuff in the '80s. :(

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I've wanted to go to the LA show for years, but it's always just before or just after a family Thanksgiving visit. I need to relax and stick around for it.

I've been reading about the Toyota Z4, err, Supra. If I can get over the whole manual transmission thing I may like it. I just have trouble with these blended brands, thinking ahead to parts availability once the two companies fall out of love.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
At breakfast now... not super excited about the snow. We’ll be leaving here in 30-40 minutes but it’ll probably be slow going on the highway. We’ll be at COBO at some point... plan on parking in the Millennium Garage instead of the roof.

Lunch might happen early depending on whether we get bored with the show or not. I’ll update the thread if timing changes.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We are in the show. It’s nice and quiet due to the weather. Meeting back at Joe Louis at noon to figure out our next step.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Weather sucks - very snowy. We are going to skip the Model T museum and go back to Ypsi. We’ll go to the Hudson museum over there.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'll miss it this year, too. But I'm hoping we pull an event together for June.

oilhammer

TDI
I figured you were overdue for another new car, congrats!

One thing I have noticed about retired boomers, they certainly have cash to spend. Fortunately my dad has spent much of his on things that will endure (like real estate). Although I tried to talk him into a diesel truck for his last purchase, and he got a gasser instead. :(

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I figured you were overdue for another new car, congrats!
One thing I have noticed about retired boomers, they certainly have cash to spend. Fortunately my dad has spent much of his on things that will endure (like real estate). Although I tried to talk him into a diesel truck for his last purchase, and he got a gasser instead. :(
LOL! I paid the BMW off Couldnot stand being without a Car Payment!
Gail drives the Jetta....I do have to sell my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee now