retrofit front fog lights

z3011

TDI
passat
Hi.

Just bought a 2011 1,6 tdi wagon
its pretty basic version, so i dont have original front fog light.
so i got a pair at the scrapyard and was planning on retrofit these. also i picked up a "euro" switch

i see there is allot of diferent threads about this out there, but im not 100% sure how and what yet..?

I want it to work as original, so need to connect them to bcm module.
and code them etc. the plan is to use them as drl. also would be nice if the coding wil make them work as cornering light in the dark.
so my questions is:

what pin is correct to use at bcm? one in for the switch, and 2 out for left and rear fog? anything else i need to think of? i checked and my module should be "highline" so that part should be ok.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Complete pin outs for J519 BCM are on golfmk6.com. Search for “Complete J519 CECM pinout”
Let me know if you can’t find it. I think it is for an NA model but as far as I know only the right DRL and rear fog/ reverse light are different/ reversed on the ROW. More info on Ross-Tech forums rear fog install thread.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Black connector:
Pin #21 is for the fog light trigger switch.
Pin #25 is left fog light

Brown/gold connector:
Pin #25 for the right fog light.

That should be it.

z3011

TDI
passat
thank you :) seems it is pretty much same as the one i found. will just try this then.

On cars with original front fog, they are conected directly to bcm? for example if use them as drl or/and cornering light, it would not work very well to run them trough relays for example..

and one last question, is it really needed to change light switch? guess you could just code them to work pretty much how you wish anyway? i already have the switch, but just curious really :)

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Yes, they go directly to lights. Stick with OEM setup.

Without the switch you will not be able to turn them on.
The switch needs an extra position (front fogs, first step pull out) and of course the trigger wire.
Cornering and DRL will probably work without the switch though.

z3011

TDI
passat
ok, and thx again. yes will try make it most possible oem.

maybe some of you also know, why it seems not possible to code front blinkers "us" style? so that they light up at a set % as parking lights.. on my Passat b6 its quite easy, and i thought they had pretty much same basic module? some place they write it is not possible, but i dont know really. i can not seems to figured it out anyway.. :)

z3011

TDI
passat
guess i should update. yes when use pin out as Henrick described, and with corect coding, it worked as it should:)

was a real **** job to make all wire look oem and at right place, but feels so much better to know it is done the right way :)

thanx for the help :)