Chipper Recommendations?

georgenhofer

TDI
2002 Golf MK4, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Anyone have any good recommendations on where/how to get my 99.5 ALH Golf chipped? I live in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Sorry for such a basic,newbie question, but I am a basic newbie. I need to do this to fix a hard starting (known) issue for my model year. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I 3rd that opinion. And IIRC Jeff does have fix for the hard start issue.

And oh this is a dangerous question as there are those with strong allegiance to other chip companies. But it is cool that you can drive to Jeff.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Rocketchip I have had them all RC is the best IMO.

02DslPwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, TDI
I'm a KERMA tune owner, but if Jeff was that close to me, I'd be a RC owner. No offense to any vendors intended.

osomphane

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta BRM
I'll have to agree, nothing beats being close to your tuner when things go wrong or when you want things to go faster :)

osomphane

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta BRM
if you're staying stock, you can get a revo tune from a revo dealer
if you're going after power upgrades, Kerma can do mail order tunes which you can install yourself with a loader (this route is much better)... I think rocketchip also started doing this, but he entered the game late so I don't know much about him.

D_Bat

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
VWMIKEL! Best response time, best support, easy to get in contact with, good tunes, willing to always help. I've had nothing but awesomeness with Mike. When my TDI dies, he helps. He's given me custom tuning too and it's been great.

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
Rocket chip, Jeff always answers his phone, he's close and his tunes are sweet!

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I'm VWMikel tuned and very happy with it. He is available when needed after 5pm, and that never hurts. Although the other tuners have good reputations, I don't believe any of them would loaned me a Vag Com cable to find out my MAF was junk before I was tuned. I may be wrong too.