Clifford alarm and OEM alarm compatibility ??

Manu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Golf Wagon 6MT Highline TDI
I have a Clifford Sabre 2 alarm, and would like to install part of it into a '98 Golf. What I want to do is install the shock (Magnetic Resonance Sensor) sensor into the OEM alarm so that if someone brakes a window or some like that the OEM alarm will sound.
Is it possible??

lumberjackbob

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Getta
As far as I have been told ther eis no real "plug and play" as far as alarms go. I dont think VW has any accessories to the OEM alarm. For whats its worth I have a Clifford Concept 600 for sale. Maybe yyou would be interested or know someone who is.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
If your main concern is getting better protection without having to carry another remote around with you, this may be the ticket. I found a Hornet 700T for $39US plus shipping, and I understand that you will never really be protected, but I like the idea of having a shock sensor in addition to the factory system. This will actually be about the same price as having a simple sensor tapped into the trigger wire, but will also give me a real alarm siren as well as a chance to upgrade in the future. Good luck with whichever route you take on this.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
You can add external alarm sensors to the VW alarm. I have a shock sensor and others have added motion, IR, etc.
Check on vwvortex or the archives here.