Uh oh

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
I made a oops I converted my 2.0 gas to 1.9 tdi and never thought about putting fuel in well the time just came to put fuel in and the diesel nozzle dose not fit in the gasser filler neck how do I remove the filler neck door thing so the diesel pump will fit?

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Maybe try a different filling station?
I know the TDI fuel tank orifice is large enough to accept a tractor-trailer nozzle, but fueling stations around here, at least, pump diesel out of nozzles that are no bigger than regular gasoline nozzles.
For your conversion did you get new fuel lines installed?
Or at least purge all the gasoline out?

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
New fuel lines Siphoned all the gas out for diesel right through the fuel pump hole I used a hole saw and just made my own hole for the nozzle lol

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
OMG
do all that work to use a hole saw in the end? I would have gladly donated mine as im not going to be running it in a VW any more.
Also just go to a normal pump. ALL sheets and flying J stops have diesel pumps with normal spouts here.

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
When I converted my 2000 Audi TT, I used a hole saw on the filler restriction plate in the filler neck. BUT I had the tank out of the car and upside down when I drilled out the restriction plate, so all metal/plastic shavings fell to the ground instead of ending up in the tank.

You should be able to do this in/on car. I recall the metal part you could remove using a pair of vice grips. Might be difficult to rip it out, but not complicated. Take your time.

Eric