doing own maintance services, effect warranty?

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Just curious..I own a shop and do all the repairs and services here.. doing this outside of any dealer... will it effect any emissions warranty issues that may pop up in the future?? ( 2011 jetta 6mt only emissions warranty..2013 passat dsg, cpo with about 10k left on dealer warranty, also with emissions warranty) your thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated as usual! please?.. thanx!!

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
No, you're fine. Though it probably wouldn't hurt to keep some evidence that you've been using the specified oil/fluids.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You can do your own, but documentation is key. I have VCDS and the repair manuals and keep receipts for all parts/supplies as well as dates and mileage and scans when services done, just as a garage would do. If there is ever an issue they will want to see these things to prove it was done and on time and correctly. You can't just walk in there and say "Yeah I did it".

Last edited:

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Thanx!! I of course save all the receipts ...and I log mileage when done..reason I asked today was i got an email notifying me "my 60,000 mile service is due (2011 jetta 6mt no DSG!).. please contact us blah blah"...I will cover my A## but did not want to jeopardize my warranties.. Thanx again.. Forrest