Approved Appeal how long till Offer Letter?

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
Can some one please comment on their experience with an appeal.
My original claim got declined, I appealed. Month ago I received and email
that the appeal has been approved for a buyback and Volkswagen Group of America will contact you if further action is required on your part.
One month down ��, no movement in the portal, no new emails, no phone calls.

Last edited:

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I think you are the first post on this entire forum whose appeal was approved. So there is no info yet.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the appeal for? Salvage, previous owner?

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
I think you are the first post on this entire forum whose appeal was approved. So there is no info yet.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the appeal for? Salvage, previous owner?
Salvage title, previous owner leased.
Totaled on Nov. 2016, salvage rebuilt on Feb. 2017.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Hav you called the plaintiff's legal counsel yet? They may very well have the record of your appeal being approved, and give you some idea of when you might expect a letter.

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
I was in green check marks for while, till my claim got denied. I filed and appeal and received and answer in about a month. Per CC I will be receiving an offer letter in mid May. My portal is still showing Claim Ineligible, and will be till VW issues me an offer letter.

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
Email Copy of the appeal;

We write to notify you of the decision on your appeal to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel, and a Court-appointed “Neutral,” who is called upon to resolve any disagreements between the Claims Review Committee’s other members, should they arise. Under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement, determinations by the Claims Review Committee constitute final decisions that are not subject to any further appeal.

The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed your appeal and determined that you are eligible for certain benefits under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement. Because you acquired your rebuilt salvage (rebuilt after total loss) vehicle after September 18, 2015, the former owner of your vehicle may be entitled to, and may have already claimed, the owner restitution component associated with the potential settlement compensation for your vehicle. Therefore, your vehicle may be eligible only for the vehicle value component of the settlement compensation, which is derived from the September 2015 NADA Used Car Guide Clean Trade value, with adjustments for mileage and manufacturer-installed options. If the former owner of your vehicle has not yet submitted a claim for owner restitution and does not do so by the end of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement Claims Period (September 1, 2018), you may be eligible to receive owner restitution in addition to the vehicle value component of the settlement compensation. Volkswagen Group of America will contact you if further action is required on your part. The deadline for participation in the 2.0-liter TDI Settlement Program is December 30, 2018. Please also note that the deadline for submitting a complete and valid claim is September 1, 2018, and you will not be able to alter your selected remedy after that date.

Sincerely,

Claims Review Committee

--
Claims Review Committee

P.O. Box 214500
Auburn Hills, MI 48321

crc@vwcourtsettlement.com

***Please do not reply to this email. No-reply@crc-vwcourtsettlement.com is an unmonitored email address. For further information on the Volkswagen Class Action Settlement, please visit https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/.***

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
Can some one please comment on their experience with an appeal.
My original claim got declined, I appealed. Month ago I received and email
that the appeal has been approved for a buyback and Volkswagen Group of America will contact you if further action is required on your part.
One month down ��, no movement in the portal, no new emails, no phone calls.
When you submitted your appeal to the CRC, did you mail in a hard copy? Or were you able to submit the appeal via email/fax?

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
Just turned my last TDI on 8/2 and received funds 8/3.

I appealed my claim 6 months ago, with no response for few months.
So I made a new account resubmitted all my documents. Month later my claim started to move forward in the new account. Than I receive an outcome on my old email for the appeal in my favor. About 3 weeks later an offer letter pops in my new account!

If you have appealed I strongly suggest you guys filing a new claim under a new email, cut off date is getting closer. Also strange thing for my other car that I have turned in a while back same thing it’s still showing in limbo on my old email account even though it completely went through on my new email account with out any issues.
Appeal was for a leased car with previous owner, the second wasn’t an appeal.