bi-xenon adjustment

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
well, after lowering, it seems my headlamps are aimed too low. i find myself hitting the high beams more often than before to gain more visibility.

how can i manually adjust them up a bit?

--ry

dieselpwr

TDI
04 GOLF PD, 15 GSW SEL TDI
I don't think there's a manual adjustment on xenons. Has to be done with vcds or obdeleven

windcr8zy

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
I have not done it, but you have to set it to the adjustment position with VCDS, then you manually adjust by hand.

bora2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 5-speed; 2009 Jetta TDI 6-spd; 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen; 2015 Golf TDI SE - Manual 6spd; 2012 Jetta TDI
well, after lowering, it seems my headlamps are aimed too low. i find myself hitting the high beams more often than before to gain more visibility.
how can i manually adjust them up a bit?
--ry
I found myself under the hood this afternoon looking for a manual adjust on these lights too. There seems to be a white manual adjust screw in the back of the housing. The housing itself has arrows indicating adjust "up" and adjust "down."

I don't see the need for VCDS.

Now the left/right adjust screw has a plastic topper on it and is factory painted to indicate tampering.

My problem is up/down like yours. I'm going to give it a shot in the very near future.

bora2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 5-speed; 2009 Jetta TDI 6-spd; 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen; 2015 Golf TDI SE - Manual 6spd; 2012 Jetta TDI
do you have the LP option? i'd rather have the ecu do it for me, if it's capable of it.
Yes. I have the LP option :D In fact, I manually raised the lights last night. There was an improvement without any codes being thrown. Quite simple.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
Yes. I have the LP option :D In fact, I manually raised the lights last night. There was an improvement without any codes being thrown. Quite simple.

nice... i just tried the ross-tech directions in my previous post. i performed "basic settings", but i skipped the manual adjustment steps, and my lights automatically raised up during the test. i then did "acknowledge basic settings". i think it raised up about an 1" (based on the mark on the wall). hope this improves my night time driving range!