EPA Permits Sale of Inventoried TDIs

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Nick---think you meant to say "what's better than a VW" not "what's better about a VW" in your second paragraph. just picking nits.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
too much time in the sun today? rained here all day, but that is better than the alternative at this time of year.
Haha, not lately. I've been in the Mississippi Delta on business most of the last year. I'm two hours ahead of AZ. And there's a lot less sun and a lot more rain in MS :thumbsdown:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
The 335D with NAV and iDrive dash looks a ton better than without, IMO.
People have different preferences. I specifically wanted one without NAV because I like the interior better without it. I'm seeing 32 MPG in mixed driving with snows on the car. Not bad for the size and power.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
There isn't really any "pent up demand" outside of that from buyback folks.

These vehicles won't be eligible, so there will be minimal demand.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I wouldn't consider a 15 JSW for over $20K US. With the buyback on my 10, that would give me an out the door price of around $6000. I'm picky and want a red one this time. I'd love the manual but since it will still be the wife's dd, it will have to be another dsg. She doesn't have the knees she used to.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I called a couple places today. They didn't give me numbers, but they said there was some kind of meeting in Vegas this weekend where all will be revealed. One dealer told me they were also planning on selling their bought back inventory as well. The problem, I suspect, is that if there are any good deals to be had, hoarders will buy them up just to sell back. I want one to replace my 2001, so I can keep that for 16 years, but I'm not going to pay outrageous prices for one. I'm not even sure what one should go for at this point. 20k for a loaded SEL manual? Or is that a pipe dream?
Money talks

Buyers (and - or) sellers ~~ It's a level playing field

BoostN

TDI
2012 Sedan
Anyone called their local dealer to see when they can actually sale the car? or anyone got pricing yet?

I've called 3. They've all said they haven't got the official "program" an "documentation" to sale them yet. Thinking end of summer they said.

That's disappointing. Might have to swing for the new Cruze Diesel.

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Anyone called their local dealer to see when they can actually sale the car? or anyone got pricing yet?

I've called 3. They've all said they haven't got the official "program" an "documentation" to sale them yet. Thinking end of summer they said.

That's disappointing. Might have to swing for the new Cruze Diesel.
As time goes on the depreciation follows

Guessing the actual begin selling date will be soon-ish --- :)

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
I do wonder how you think any of us are going to steal from the stealerships?
They steal every single day, all day and half the night! And a single car buyer is going to out fox and out steal from the stealership - not once, but twice?
A rare exception to the above general rule: starting in about July, some people who read this forum began buying used VW's from various non-VW dealerships with the intent of returning them in the buyback. And some of those people have made out extremely well. They managed to "steal" (quite legally) from the dealerships! They out-foxed them at their own game.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A rare exception to the above general rule: starting in about July, some people who read this forum began buying used VW's from various non-VW dealerships with the intent of returning them in the buyback.

And some of those people have made out extremely well. They managed to "steal" (quite legally) from the dealerships! They out-foxed them at their own game.
I for one salute those guys -- :)

Knowledge is power ~~ thinking TDICLUB aided those persons -- :rolleyes:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just talked to one dealer

He said there was no active selling of new TDi cars yet

And for sometime, they have deposits on the units at his dealership.

Being a little cory (sp?) I act if they were sitting in the sun, and what about the damage of many months of not being driven - (or started)

"Not to worry" He told me the units were being driven as demos and used for management cars ~~ some with way more than 1,000 miles on the clock :eek:

So much for "NEW" 2015 cars:mad:

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
Went to see what is going on at my local dealership and found some of the 2015 have a SOLD sign on them, have no idea what that means, didn't talk to anyone.

edit, all the SE and above had the sold sign, the regular S model had no sold signs.

Last edited:

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
He said there was no active selling of new TDi cars yet
And for sometime, they have deposits on the units at his dealership.
Being a little cory (sp?) I act if they were sitting in the sun, and what about the damage of many months of not being driven - (or started)
"Not to worry" He told me the units were being driven as demos and used for management cars ~~ some with way more than 1,000 miles on the clock :eek:
So much for "NEW" 2015 cars:mad:
Any luck with your car on ebay? any good offers?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Any luck with your car on ebay? any good offers?
It's not going to sell.

Really should not even relist it m ~~ I guess.

Two (not total lowballs) ~~ $22,000

I am resigned to taking the buyback

Having the papers in order ~~ guess I still could list it, While I am actively pursuing VW $$$$$s -- :D

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
With '15s from dealers coming available, that window may have closed.
Yes -- :p

However, from talking to one dealer, these cars are in short supply, with deposits on (ALL) them, and are being driven as DEMOs and management "drivers"

The guy I talked to said some had many miles on them.

If they are being used, thinking they may have some dings and stuff.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
I've contacted every dealer with a 2015 TDI listed on autotrader. Of those who replied none know the date they will be available. One guy in York PA said it could be a couple weeks.

I will be buying one if I can find one with a manual.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
I've watching used prices on 2015 's, and have pics of window stickers for reference,
There is a 15 Golf in Quebec, that the owner wants a few grand more than what he prob paid for it.. so my guess is dealers will be going for the full price buyers first ..and see how it flushes out..
I know 3000 off sticker is easily doable on new, as thats what I got as a stranger walking in off the street ..

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf - Gone in BUYBACK. Replaced with 2015 Golf
Called around today to get a list of dealer inventories on 2015s. Local dealer was washing them up and happily taking deposits (with no info other than we hope we can sell them at an undetermined price). I'm intrigued!

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Called around today to get a list of dealer inventories on 2015s. Local dealer was washing them up and happily taking deposits (with no info other than we hope we can sell them at an undetermined price). I'm intrigued!
I've had a couple telling me that too. But with such limited inventory, what am I putting a deposit on!?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I've had a couple telling me that too. But with such limited inventory, what am I putting a deposit on!?
Remembering back 'bout 3-4 decades.

Honda dealer was taking deposits on Accords.

I fell for it.

Waited 6(?) months

Watching closely the inventory came and went -- :p

Seems as thought the customers who stepped forward with a high offer got the car -- :eek:

So called first come first served. ~~ My behineey -- :mad:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I've watching used prices on 2015 's, and have pics of window stickers for reference,
There is a 15 Golf in Quebec, that the owner wants a few grand more than what he prob paid for it.. so my guess is dealers will be going for the full price buyers first ..and see how it flushes out..
I know 3000 off sticker is easily doable on new, as thats what I got as a stranger walking in off the street ..
ON a VW diesel ~~ LATELY -- :)