TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Uploaded docs Oct 1.

VWGoA Online Claims Portal - Documents Submission
claims_noreply@vwgoa.com Oct 20 at 11:59 PM

To

XXXXXXXXXXXXX@yahoo.com

Message body

We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number XXXXXXXXX. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program after the Settlement Program becomes effective.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email is being sent from an account that does not receive replies. For questions or other issues related to the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement, please visit www.VWCourtSettlement.com or contact the Settlement Support Team at 1-844-98-CLAIM.
To ensure delivery to your inbox, add claims_noreply@vwgoa.com to your address book.

AlexNJ

TDI
MK7 2015 Golf TDI SEL DSG (sold back to VW 12/2016)
I got the same email yesterday. Interesting timing, coming as it does between the hearing this week and the judge's ruling next week. Now to decide whether to drive my 2015 TDI through the winter months and look for something new when maybe there's more negotiating room on 2017 cars in the spring/summer or just get this thing over with as soon as possible.

Basenji

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Audi A3 TDI
I spoke to the VW Claim line last night. The person I spoke to said that they had done "pre Final Order" review of the documents. I got a different email on October 19, they couldn't read my wife's license so they asked for a better upload. I wanted to know if that changed my place in line and that I couldn't remember what they said I would get for my car. They told me that I didn't lose my place, how much I was going to get and also said that the milage was in blocks of 5,000 miles. If this is correct, parking the car didn't help. Oh well, at least I'm sure that my HPFP won't let go again and I won't be killed by the bad airbags...

derekmw

TDI
2010 Audi A3 TDI Premium, 2015 Tesla Model S 70
I spoke to the VW Claim line last night. The person I spoke to said that they had done "pre Final Order" review of the documents. I got a different email on October 19, they couldn't read my wife's license so they asked for a better upload. I wanted to know if that changed my place in line and that I couldn't remember what they said I would get for my car. They told me that I didn't lose my place, how much I was going to get and also said that the milage was in blocks of 5,000 miles. If this is correct, parking the car didn't help. Oh well, at least I'm sure that my HPFP won't let go again and I won't be killed by the bad airbags...
I had a similar conversation. We're at 114k and after 115k, the buyback price goes down $300, which is significant for me to reduce driving (take our other car when we travel together).

But the agent on the phone said that it's not that just because I passed 115k miles, they will reduce the buyback by $300. He said it's really only if you're way above it. Seems very subjective but he was basically trying to say that they won't nitpick the mileage. Either way, I'm still trying to reduce the amount of miles we put on it, especially since our other car is full EV and makes more sense to drive that anyway when possible.

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
Now to decide whether to drive my 2015 TDI through the winter months and look for something new when maybe there's more negotiating room on 2017 cars in the spring

If not too picky, there could still be some '16s left over in the Spring for big time deals

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I was at the dealer today and they say they have no idea what will go on they said they have only heard that they will have an ambassador at the dealer who will process between 6 to 8 cars a day. Its going to take a while to get through all these cars

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I was at the dealer today and they say they have no idea what will go on they said they have only heard that they will have an ambassador at the dealer who will process between 6 to 8 cars a day. Its going to take a while to get through all these cars
6-8 cars/day times 500 dealerships means 3000-4000 cars/day nationwide. That could take care of 100% of the affected vehicles in four months.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Think he is off on the 6 to 8. My dealer said that they will have the ambassador there to check the vin and the mileage and ensure it was driven to and onto the truck. Should be able to work through the process at a pace that would allow him at least 10 a day, unless he is in a union or something.;)

I would also think they can afford to have multiple ambassadors at larger dealerships.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
Trying to remember the breakdown of cars by state, but make sense to have more in the states with the larger number of cars electing to be brought back. May in CA, 2 or more ambassadors in those dealerships. I seem to recall that they wanted to complete the initial buybacks within 90 days of the judges final approval.

Michael32180

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG w/Premium
We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number ########. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program after the Settlement Program becomes effective
I uploaded my docs on 9/27 and have a loan through VW.

A salesman from the VW dealer where I'm returning my Jetta to is under the impression that there will be a VW rep in the dealership by mid November to start processing buy backs.

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
I uploaded my docs on 9/27 and have a loan through VW.

A salesman from the VW dealer where I'm returning my Jetta to is under the impression that there will be a VW rep in the dealership by mid November to start processing buy backs.
My dealership would more likely say, what problem with diesels are you referring to? We have not heard of any issues.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
dang...uploaded beginning of sept and still under review...and no email.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
It is all good. Really. Breeeeeathe. VW's money will be with you soon. They want to get this over just as bad as you want that update.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Nobody uploaded the beginning of September, as the site didn't allow anyone to upload anything until 9/16. I uploaded docs for three cars on 9/17. Heard back on one of them on 10/20 (all good), haven't heard on the other two yet. No big deal, though--VW's clock doesn't start ticking until Judge Breyer approves the settlement, which hasn't happened yet.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
It would be interesting to know what fraction of the people here on the forums have gotten their documents successfully reviewed.

But I suspect that the vast majority of the general public are still waiting for something to come in the mail from VW to tell them what to do next, so we are all still way ahead of all of them.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
It would be interesting to know what fraction of the people here on the forums have gotten their documents successfully reviewed.

But I suspect that the vast majority of the general public are still waiting for something to come in the mail from VW to tell them what to do next, so we are all still way ahead of all of them.
I got an e-mail from VW last week stating my uploaded docs were reviewed and in order.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
I figured out how to do this - I created a new thread with a poll, so we can get a sense of what fraction of the members here have had their docs approved.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=468508

I opted to only leave it open for 5 days - as time goes on, peoples answers will change, and I was more interested in a snapshot of where things stand now.

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL

VW did send something in the mail with instructions

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Nobody uploaded the beginning of September, as the site didn't allow anyone to upload anything until 9/16.
the way my last two months have gone, the 16th was the "beginning" of Sept....seems like a year ago. LOL

tdiDreaming

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Sneaky VW

VW did send something in the mail with instructions

I am lucky enough to be a member of this forum and therefore privy to the latest and greatest on this mess because VW did not deliver my packet until about 4 or 5 days before the formal complaints were due. I found that to be a little suspect and mentioned it when someone from VW (a rep from one of the dealers) called me to chat about my car a couple of days later.

Worse still, I guess my wife's name is somewhere on part of the paperwork so she just got a packet from VW about 2 weeks ago. :confused:

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
My documents have been approved as of this morning. I think I uploaded them a couple weeks ago or possibly sooner than that.

derekmw

TDI
2010 Audi A3 TDI Premium, 2015 Tesla Model S 70
Same here. It got approved today. I uploaded it 2 weeks ago on the 11th.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
Just to clarify, a TDI owner doesn't have to submit anything right now, correct? You can do it anytime during the 2 year window, right?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Correct. You have until some time in September 2018 to file (don't recall the exact date), and they have until the end of December to complete the buyback or modification.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
Correct. You have until some time in September 2018 to file (don't recall the exact date), and they have until the end of December to complete the buyback or modification.
Thanks, Dan. I'm probably in the 2018 buyback club.