Claims Site is LIVE

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW stock:Totaled 2000 black Golf gls 315K : retired
I have found that there is no option for a totaled out vehicle so I am not registering yet until I can call and talk to someone, because the site wants to cut my payment in half so they can pay the new buyer the other half... everything I read said that if the car was totaled you would receive the full amount.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
.....to whomever designed/poster the anticipated buyback value estimator: I am impressed!!

You were right on target. Bravo Zulu (Navy for Well Done!!)

ez

halfast3

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG
We get $20,986.73 for our 2011. A bit less if we can't keep the miles below 70k until 12/27/16 (that seemed like a good week to be car shopping). If there aren't a good selection of 2017s available then, we'll likely hold off until there are.
VWs in the running (percieved desirability):
GSW Alltrack
Golf 1.8 TSI
Jetta 1.8 TSI or GLI
GTI - I drove a friends '16 GTI Autobahn last week. Great power, handling and brakes(!); harsh ride even on comfort setting w/18" wheels/tires. Didn't care for the leather seats.
Other considerations:
Accord Hybrid
???​

Another thought... If we wait ...and wait, there's a possibility (slim, perhaps) that there'll be new TDIs in the 2018 model year. How cool would it be to have a GSW Alltrack TDI?

Last edited:

Humanaquarian

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
I chose the fix, even though I'm still undecided. But since it costs VW more for the fix and fines.... I chose that one. Maybe it will up the ante and they'll offer more for buy backs if we all chose the fix. The claim it's tentative and can be changed.

Philpug

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone but not forgotten
12,950 for my 10 JSW stick. If it was a 11 with the same mileage, it would be over $15K. Not happy with the drop from 2011 to 2010.

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
maintenance is a cost of operating a vehicle. ANY vehicle has maintenance that has to be done. That you paid for maintenance on a car you're driving isn't something VW should need to reimburse.

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW stock:Totaled 2000 black Golf gls 315K : retired
yep its official People who totaled their cars sometime between september 18th 2015 and june 28th 2016 get the shaft again!!!

WE lost value on the car for the totaled amount due to VW TDI prices being deflated and now officially per teh court order "Eligible Sellers are also
“any owner (1) who acquired his, her, or its Eligible Vehicle on or before September 18, 2015, (2)
whose Eligible Vehicle was totaled, and (3) who consequently transferred title of his, her, or its
vehicle to an insurance company after September 18, 2015, but before June 28, 2016.” (Id.) "

Basicly if you totaled your car and the title was transfered to the insurance comapny (required for them to pay you for the car) you are classified as a seller and get half the settlement amount EVEN THOUGH the car inst eligable for receiving the other half of the settlement due to it being totaled. So we lost money on the value due to dieselgate and then we get half of the settlement taken away too WOW thank you VW

Now I'm really hoping that the 3.0 isn't easily fixable and they offer buybacks... I will sell back my 2010 Q7 and go buy some other brand of car.

http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/filelibrary/2800/Order-Granting-Preliminary-Approval.pdf page 5 section 2.30

sidkaye

TDI
Passat 2015 TDI SE
Sales Tax Refund?

Since this was a purchased item, a vehicle, and most of us paid Sales Tax on the purchase, what is the chance of a refund on the Sales Tax.
Ordinarily when an item is returned to a shop, the sales tax is refunded as well.
Any wisdom on the subject:confused:?

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Since this was a purchased item, a vehicle, and most of us paid Sales Tax on the purchase, what is the chance of a refund on the Sales Tax.
Ordinarily when an item is returned to a shop, the sales tax is refunded as well.
No wisdom (just commiseration)

ez

TMartin

TDI
2010 sportwagen, 2014 sportwagen
Just checked my buyback value. $9525 for a 2010 JSW with 310,000 miles. If I keep it for two more years, continue to run the wheels off it, I can still get $9525 for a then 8 year old car with about 400,000 miles on the clock. Sweet!

jay_fyp

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT 2004 Jetta TDI (PD) 5mt R.I.P - 2013 Golf TDI 6mt - 2004 Golf TDI (PD) 5MT
They're buying it from you, you're not returning it. If anything THEY would have to pay sales tax for purchasing it, not refund it back to you.

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
Just checked my buyback value. $9525 for a 2010 JSW with 310,000 miles. If I keep it for two more years, continue to run the wheels off it, I can still get $9525 for a then 8 year old car with about 400,000 miles on the clock. Sweet!
Or you can blow some major part and lose mostly all of that $

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
Well, I traded my 2010 Jetta TDI in March 2016 and got $8500 for it. Add $2550 from VW and I'm around $11K. 78K miles, not too bad. I'm actually thrilled to be getting any additional money at this point:)

TMartin

TDI
2010 sportwagen, 2014 sportwagen
tonestar, I feel I've got good use out of this car and anything I get from this point on is gravy. Besides, what's out there at this point that I can replace it with? Maybe in two years TDI's will be back on the market. I really like this car and my personality is way too optimistic to feel that I'm driving a time bomb. I think I'll just keep happily motoring down the road for a while and see what develops.

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
tonestar, I feel I've got good use out of this car and anything I get from this point on is gravy. Besides, what's out there at this point that I can replace it with? Maybe in two years TDI's will be back on the market. I really like this car and my personality is way too optimistic to feel that I'm driving a time bomb. I think I'll just keep happily motoring down the road for a while and see what develops.
I like your style, hard to find people with that attitude today

faultymechanics

Veteran Member
TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL
They're buying it from you, you're not returning it. If anything THEY would have to pay sales tax for purchasing it, not refund it back to you.

WE are selling it back to them by choosing the buyback, especially using trade-in value. Regardless this also seems to be a state related thing. VT's forms seem to imply I will get a tax refund based on the cost of taxes on the previous vehicle, vs the current.

Check it out: http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD115-Tax_Credit_Refund_App.pdf

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
2012 TDI JSW. 77,000 currently. $20,226.

I'm not going to complain.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
Once you register on the website, does that mean you have to select the option right away or can you use the site just to compare and finalize what you want to do later?

Jibeho

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
2009 Jetta man bought in Sept 2008 , 140k a few issues $11,075. Taking the money and running!

I still need to figure what to do with the 2015 Golf S

GSwag

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Email worked fine for me, about 21k for a 2013 MT6 with 60k miles. I don't want to sell it but don't trust this company any more. Gave me a date of November 1, I will be ragging the $h!t out of it until then.

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Once you register on the website, does that mean you have to select the option right away or can you use the site just to compare and finalize what you want to do later?
Even if you pick an option you aren't locked into it.

stasek

TDI
2012 Jetta DSG
Getting around $18.8K for '12 Jetta w/ no options - will be at around 70K miles on 11/1/16. To me it's a no brainer - car has carfax blemish (ran over shredded truck tire on the expressway - $6000+ claim) AND my 18 yo daughter who's been driving the car for the past 2 years put a nice dent in the passenger side threshold. Thanks VW... I guess? One of the best/most reliable cars I've ever owned, but I'm not taking any chances.

lance2214

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Back in 2013 I bought a salvaged cosmetically damaged vehicle from an auction for my wife who had a 70 mile round trip commute. After buying all the necessary parts from a vw dealer in Tijuana I repaired and had the car back to new in 2 months. My father is a body shop repair technician and we fixed it at the shop in the weekends. The car received a $500 lumar ceramic tint, clear ceramic tint in the windshield and a $250 ECS Tuning skid plate.

After using it for 2 days I was afraid there was something else wrong because the fuel gauge didn't move... After 110 miles of use it finally lost a little bar (I did some reading and research but did not believe it was as fuel efficient as it was). My wife went from filling up twice a week to once a week. 2 weeks later I saw a 2012 Jetta TDI in the auction site and knew it had to be mine. Same tint, ECS skid plate and I have always babied my recycled better than new salvage cars. I truly believed this cars would be in our family forever and passed on to my 10 year old on his 17th birthday.

Anyways numbers speak for themselves.
I bought the 2012 for 12K cash (accounting for repairs, minus labor since my dad and I did it on the weekends) and they pay me $21K for it.
My wife's 2013 was bought for (16K) cash and they pay $23K.

As much as I love my cars, it would be irresponsible to my family finances not to take the offer.

I will say one thing, besides having my ECS skid plates for sale.... We will both miss our TDI's.

My wife plans to put 23K in her bank account and drive our 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 for her now 5 block commute (since we moved closer to her work) and I plan to buy a used first generation Chevy volt for $11K and bank the rest, and charge the car with our newly acquired solar panels. It should be enough to do half of the trip on electricity. I Buy the Volt because I know in the next 5 years electric cars will have double in range and lowered in price.

I will miss my TDI's and this community forum greatly.

Thanks guys!

Last edited: