Claims Site is LIVE

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
If I sell my 2013 back I should get $22,300. According to the site, I can keep the car up until Sept 1, 2018. I see everyone saying that they want to get rid of the car ASAP. Is anyone else thinking they will just hold on to the car for as long as possible, since the value will stay the same?

July/Aug is when VW discounts the previous year models. Im thinking Aug of 2018 would be a perfect time to pick up a 2017 model VW for dirt cheap.
The value will go down as you put miles on it.

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
If I sell my 2013 back I should get $22,300. According to the site, I can keep the car up until Sept 1, 2018. I see everyone saying that they want to get rid of the car ASAP. Is anyone else thinking they will just hold on to the car for as long as possible, since the value will stay the same?

July/Aug is when VW discounts the previous year models. Im thinking Aug of 2018 would be a perfect time to pick up a 2017 model VW for dirt cheap.
if you total it, or it get stolen the value won't stay the same.

Also you have the risk of some cathastrophic issue like HPFP exploding, turbo blowing, etc that will cost you a lot of $$$ to fix

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
How long did it take for the email to be sent to you? I registered and then nothing....granted it's only been about 2 hours....so impatient.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway

I think a whole lot of folks will be holding onto their TDIs till '18. See the Why Rush thread. My '15 will still be under warranty till then, and as long as I drive at my current rate or less, as you say, the buyback figure doesn't change. I recently picked up an '11 Jetta to sell ASAP, but if I keep it in the garage till '18, the buyback goes up about $1700. So I have to determine if I want a car to sit in my garage for two years.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Is it really worth $1700 to have your car sit around for two years? If you take the money and invest it well it may earn that much in two years.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
How long did it take for the email to be sent to you? I registered and then nothing....granted it's only been about 2 hours....so impatient.

It should take less than a minute. I thought I'd been shafted by the site, but eventually discovered that verizon.net now has a spam filter (courtesy of the AOL email they put in place when they sold the FIOS customers in Texas and Florida to Frontier).

If you have an alternative email (work, etc.) at a different domain, you could re-register under a different name and email address. I did this prior to finding out there was a SPAM filter I was never informed about.

I think VW also modified the site to resend the email if you have not completed registration and you try to log in. It won't get you logged in, but it will get the email sent another time.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
It should take less than a minute. I thought I'd been shafted by the site, but eventually discovered that verizon.net now has a spam filter (courtesy of the AOL email they put in place when they sold the FIOS customers in Texas and Florida to Frontier).

If you have an alternative email (work, etc.) at a different domain, you could re-register under a different name and email address. I did this prior to finding out there was a SPAM filter I was never informed about.

I think VW also modified the site to resend the email if you have not completed registration and you try to log in. It won't get you logged in, but it will get the email sent another time.
Outstanding response...Thanks...of course I didn't write the number to call either. I'll reregister with my work email and try this again.

jjk58

TDI
2009JettaSedanDSG/2014JSWDSG
true but the vw with a basically fixed buyback value will (likely) go down less than a new new or new to you car. With another car, you start the depreciation cycle again

foggedz

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
That's not true in all cases. I don't put that many miles on my car. According to the claim site my buy back value may go up if I keep driving at the same pace that a have for the last 2 years.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
I registered yesterday. It was straight forward and got the email. However it took longer to plow through it then I expected.

Selected the fix. I don't expect the November estimate for fix to come to pass. They have two years I recall.

It's a shame so many nice cars might be crushed.

The cost and loss of cars, just for a missing the Nox spec seems draconian.

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
I had to get in via my verizon account instead of my hotmail account. Call the phone number and they will walk you thru it if you wish. I did.

NamesLucky

TDI
14 TDI Jetta
I tried switching browsers and that worked, something I should have tried first before posting. However, maybe others will see this that have same issue.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
called the site....waited an hour. Bonus was the lady was very helpful and courteous.....nothing like a dealership .... lol

Last edited: