Photobucket / computer question

Diverb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6mt
So I'm not the smartest computer guy out there. Last night I went to upload a photo to the photo bucket website to share on one of the other automotive forums I belong too, and I noticed all my photos on my photo bucket account are gone!

So my question to you is, if someone clicked on a photo in a forum that I posted and it took them directly to my photo bucket account, would they be able to delete photos? I would think or like to think only the account holder could delete and upload photos?

I went on to the forums to see the past post I have made, and every photo that was attached to the post was gone, it was just showing "IMAGE".

Any thoughts...?

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
Only you can delete them. Are you sure the photos aren't in a different album or moved?

I use photo bucket for all of my forum pictures.

Terrific-In-Tahoma

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 ALH Jetta M5 / 05 BEW Jetta Wagon A4
Ok it must have been a server issue on their part, all photos are back!
This *MAY* already be answered somewhere else, but there IS a timeout value, a parameter in your browser that just shows [IMAGE] if you have not received the image fast enough.

The problem is the handoff, and the re-directed links in your posts, so it goes like this You>>Your Router>>Your ISP>>Internet>>web Page with post>>Link to PB>>PB Router>> Photobucket Server>>Reply to your request>> etc...

This all takes time, and the longer the time, the more likely it will timeout, and your browser will just show a broken link.

Once you hit refresh on the post, then it will show up again.

Strange, but it does happen.