Another 2260 Build

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
Now you know how far to go with modding another TDI.You'll miss the diesel torque so just get another with a basic tune and keep up on the maintenance.

Last edited:

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Now you know how far to go with modding another TDI.You'll miss the diesel torque so just get another with a basic tune and keep up on the maintenance.
^ this.

IMO get another and just keep it simple. Tune for mileage. Leave the rest be. With a LSD and good winter tires, there is no reason not to have a TDI in the winter.

I plan on doing just that for more of a daily driver :)

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I think there are several things that lead to stories like this I'm heading down the same road but admit not ready to throw in the towel yet have too much invested and no way about to take that big a hit on selling. First off all you have to say is VW....every time I need to do something to this car get ready to get bent over....power steering is going out on it and I've got trans issues with my 6 speed. Only a few trusted tdi mechanics and only a few even willing to work on modded setups. Like said before better know your way around these things if you want to go off the deep end past bolt ons. If I had to do it all over again I would have kept it at the basic clutch, tune, and gauges and called it a day. My car is lucky to get a couple thousand miles a year on it just can't seem to keep the thing running one thing after the next.

ChippedNotBroken

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A4 1999.5 Green
One of the best things about having an old VW Jetta TDI was the availability of parts at a reasonable price and the TDIclub. The club and it's members are by far and away one of the most knowledgeable forums to be found on any subject on the net.

There really is no substitute for this site and its members with any other car.

I wouldn't have gone as far as I did if it were not for those two considerations.

Like I've said, I've met a lot of great guys here, and I have no regrets.

I hope my story has some things others find useful.