Good ASE-certified tech/shop in Kentucky?

Sojourner

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums and the TDI world. I am buying a 2015 Passat TDI today and moving to Louisville, KY. I need to find a solid ASE-certified tech or shop to do regular maintenance work. I got a lifetime powertrain warranty through the dealer, but in order to keep the warranty valid, it has to be serviced at an ASE-certified shop. It's currently ~37k miles, so I'll need a new fuel filter and overall maintenance checkup pretty soon.

Any leads on a place/person? I know there are 3 VW dealerships in Louisville but I don't know if they're any good. I'd rather not drive 4 hours one way to go to MF Auto in Knoxville.

Thanks everyone!

justrand14

TDI
Black 2014 Jetta TDI Premium
I did not have much luck with the Niel Huffman VW. I will not use them again. I have not had any experience with other shops but I have heard good things about Stein Automotive. Im not sure if they meet the criteria you need but they have 2 locations one near Bowman field and one in Middletown. St Matthews Imports is another place that specializes in euro cars you may want to look at them. The only experience I have had with them is body work to a couple different vehicles which is a different division but if their mechanical work is as good as the body work I would trust them.

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Is the "lifetime" 10 years or 100k on the engine and transmission? If so i would question the whole premise of ASE, because these things are not going to give you any issues in 100k other than possibly something emissions related, which the dealer has to cover anyway.

I would never choose to do one thing over another due to warranty. I'd rather go to someone who knows what they are doing than have something done for "free" who has no clue. I've always used Fast Enough Performance here in Lexington for anything i needed. Might look up Luke Shell on facebook in louisville and ask, he works a ton at his regular job but did my timing belt change for my 2013 passat.

That said I very close friends who have grown up Steven Bachman at Bachman's VW. I have purchased a couple of tdi's from them and believe it to be the best from any dealership there in louisville.